British Army Supacat

Thanks Fellas

10 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

That's a neat little model Rob. I bet it was fun applying all of those decals on the boxes.

John.

John - it's the one bit I miss when I'm ship modelling :winkgrin:

I love Decals :lol:

Rob

• Like 1

Just cant help humming along to the Banana Splits tune 1 Banana 2 Banana you get the picture right lug worm it is too.

Cracking looking little kit there Rob and finished to your usual high standard.  👍

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

What a un unusual creature, Rob you've made. 

Lot of pleasure for my eyes see such a funny bug.

Regards,

Michal

Edited by socjo1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, beefy66 said:

Just cant help humming along to the Banana Splits tune 1 Banana 2 Banana you get the picture right lug worm it is too.

Cracking looking little kit there Rob and finished to your usual high standard.  👍

Stay Safe

beefy

We already had that joke in the WIP and besides Beefy - you are far too young to remember the Splits :lol:

Thanks all the same ;)

Rob

• Haha 1

You've done a cracking job on that Rob. Enjoyed your WIP to. It really builds into an interesting subject. Plenty of detail packed into a small package. Similar to what you get with a Universal Carrier which this is a grandson of! Quite tempted myself and I don't do modern! 

Not bad for a boatie 😉

Look forward to the LCA build, I noticed that today as well. Might get my feet wet myself 😁

Andrew

• Thanks 1

On 6/7/2022 at 8:53 PM, APA said:

You've done a cracking job on that Rob. Enjoyed your WIP to. It really builds into an interesting subject. Plenty of detail packed into a small package. Similar to what you get with a Universal Carrier which this is a grandson of! Quite tempted myself and I don't do modern! 

Not bad for a boatie 😉

Look forward to the LCA build, I noticed that today as well. Might get my feet wet myself 😁

Andrew

Thanks Andrew - I hadn't said it but the obvious comparison is the UC except that this lasted a 1/5 of the time in service.  I've been drawn to modern recently.

As to "boatie" :lol: - careful....... I came from Armour.  The same could happen to you :nodding:

As luck would have it - a delivery arrived from L'Arsenal today........of 1/350 LCAs.  I'm running out of room so the 1/35 may be a stretch too far.

Either way - Gecko really are releasing interesting stuff.

Rob

• Like 1

A lovely little build, and one that I fear I won;t be emulate in the final look with the example in my stash.

And you've helped enormously by using the Accurate Armour ratchet strap set - I have that for my build, too.

Is the material they use for the straps cassette tape? I have't opened the pack yet, but it does look like it to me!- 

• Thanks 1

On 6/7/2022 at 9:40 PM, Whofan said:

A lovely little build, and one that I fear I won;t be emulate in the final look with the example in my stash.

And you've helped enormously by using the Accurate Armour ratchet strap set - I have that for my build, too.

Is the material they use for the straps cassette tape? I have't opened the pack yet, but it does look like it to me!- 

I thought that too but it's not - I've no idea what it is - difficult to stick though.

20 hours ago, JohnWS said:

Very nice Rob.  Looks great! :worthy:

I'm still trying to figure out how those camo decals fit so nicely to the soldier's complex shape.

John

John - I don't think the colour is right but the concept is.  Setting solution and a hairdrier to speed thing along is the answer.  The maker also says you can soak in alcohol.

Thanks Fellas

Rob

• Thanks 2