TA-4J Ahit 1/72 Hobby2000

Hi fellow britmodellers,

this is the reboxing of the Fujimi kit that recently appeared under the Hobby2000 label. The kit was enhanced a bit with modified or scratchbuilt items as landing gear legs, airframe antennas, racks etc. as well as with Quickboost or Aires resin aftermarkets as refueling probe, wheels and cannon barels.

Since I was not fully satisfied with the kit's decals I went for Armycast replacement. The kit depicts one of the "The Flying Tigers" machine as flown by IAF Flying School at Hatzerim AB at her final appoitment.

Cheers,

Libor

52126953118_de412bfefd_o.jpg

52126925996_29acd1d2b0_o.jpg

52126953073_bd6028779f_o.jpg

52127169999_1733a39e0f_o.jpg

52127424495_4a9df0485c_o.jpg

52127424450_ae5dc178ec_o.jpg

52126952983_bc6b100064_o.jpg

• Like 65
  • Thanks 1

Outstanding work! 
I'm currently on a Fujimi A-4B and I'd love for mine to turn half as good as yours!
How did you handle the cockpit to fuselage/wing root joint? I find it a bit tricky on my end.

• Thanks 1

Fantastic finish! I have one of the Fujimi versions I finished a few years ago. I was thinking of getting another one when I saw Hobby2000 release. Seeing your great piece, I think I should really get it.

Nanond

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, cpoud117 said:

How did you handle the cockpit to fuselage/wing root joint? I find it a bit tricky on my end.

Yes, it was a bit tricky at my end too. The key point was a flat on inside of the wing centre part which set up the height of the cockpit section with the fuselage. Adjusting the height of this flat I was able to match both sections pretty much OK.

Good luck with your A-4B!

14 hours ago, Jackman said:

I really like the subtle rivet lines that you added to the Fujimi kit.  It really enhances the look of the kit. 👍

I tried to make them a bit restrained indeed as the rivets were not much apparent at the real and really worn machines I saw at Hatzerim.

Thanks everyone for nice comments!

Cheers

Libor

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...