13 hours ago, Putty Animal said:

Has anyone ever been banned from BM for making dreadful puns?  Asking for a friend...

Sadly, and despite much provocation, no. 

Lovely wee Lewis drum. I do wonder though how one manages to get 14.4 degrees from a protractor, and then keep adding them up evenly. It must be voodoo. 

15 hours ago, Putty Animal said:

Has anyone ever been banned from BM for making dreadful puns?  Asking for a friend..

Is your friend expecting to be punished?

AW

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

Gidday, you don't half waffle on a bit, but I guess the picture says it all. That's superb detail you've got here. Maybe the kit's not so bad after all. 🙂 

Those huge matches must be great for fire-lighting. 😁 Regards, Jeff.

• Haha 5

Yes, you do realise those are giant novelty matches, about the size of a cricket bat. I have a whole box of them. Of course, the matchbox is the size of a steamer trunk.

Best Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

Yeah, the grain effect's not bad but the head needs a bit more work, I'd say.  Let's not forget that pre-1987 the phosphorous content of matches was higher than it is now, so really your work should reflect this if you want a 100% accurate result.

• Haha 4

If I've already mentioned it, I'd like to mention it again.  The Mach Poo Valiant.  Terrible kit.  Took me 4 years (more off than on) to knock one into shape :owww:

spacer.png

• Like 5

On 6/14/2022 at 3:09 PM, Putty Animal said:

But I was concerned what results a search for "Plastic Hips" might yield.

Not as bad as the time I was working on a project that required research on piezoelectric vibrators :) 

• Haha 2

There was a company set up after WW2, employed disabled ex-servicemen to make wooden railway toys (we have one, our granddaughter loves it).

Anyway, the company was called Escor Models. Got some interesting hits when I Googled it! 😜

• Haha 4

• 5 weeks later...