Called it a day

Evening folk's.Not having built one for twenty plus years my intention was to find a Hasegawa 1/72 kit which was that very kit,I knew I could fall

back on King Kit for a decent example but held of until todays Northern model show just in case one could be found,well none present but tucked

away on the Modelsforsale stand was this beauty still shrinkwrapped for a very pleasant £18,well as a lover of all thing's Monogram it was a no 

brainer you know exactly what you're getting and these eighties produced kits were the pinnicle of their molding's in my opinion.

She's a big old girl and a lovely decal sheet is supplied.

This is the kind of detail present.

Got a couple of projects to finish then all being well a start in the next week or two.

• Like 7

Welcome to the GB Steve, always a pleasure to have you aboard mate.

I think you found a bargain with this beauty for £18, I would have snapped it up myself for that price.

The Revell decals look very nice, much better than the rubbish that comes in Monogram boxings.

Really looking forward to seeing what you can do with this beauty mate.

🇺🇦

• Like 1

Thank's Craig,over the moon to have found it,should build well with care and these were kept in pristine condition so the raised detail shouldn't be an issue.

some great stuff on show including one of these in an all dayglo orange scheme! Managed to buy three today this,an Esci 1/48 Mirage 5 for a tenner but buy

of the day was a Hasegawa 1/32 Me262 for £22.

• Like 1

You did very well today mate, all three are kits I would have happily walked away with, especially this one and the Me 163.

If you have a look around there were some quite colourful F-106's, I fancy one from Edwards AFB myself which has the front half of the fuselage in dayglo as well as other patches.

Some nice pictures of Edwards birds on this link, including the all dayglo one.

https://www.f-106deltadart.com/piwigo/index.php?/category/341

🇺🇦

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevej60 said:

Evening folk's.Not having built one for twenty plus years my intention was to find a Hasegawa 1/72 kit which was that very kit,I knew I could fall

back on King Kit for a decent example but held of until todays Northern model show just in case one could be found,well none present but tucked

away on the Modelsforsale stand was this beauty still shrinkwrapped for a very pleasant £18,well as a lover of all thing's Monogram it was a no 

brainer you know exactly what you're getting and these eighties produced kits were the pinnicle of their molding's in my opinion.

20220605_183335

She's a big old girl and a lovely decal sheet is supplied.

20220605_183302

This is the kind of detail present.

20220605_183209

Got a couple of projects to finish then all being well a start in the next week or two.

Another one of my holy grail unicorn kits. They're almost non-existent in these parts. So eventually need to spring for the Trumpy kit(s), and yes I want both the A and B. 

• Like 2

Morning folk's,first proper look at this one this morning,this is the cockpit fitting's you get to work with,lovely pilot figure will definitely be used.I think after a bit

of dry brushing and detailing it should look fine time to check references!

The only concern is warpage on the fuselage but nothing that cant be sorted with a bit of patience.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, stevej60 said:

lovely pilot figure will definitely be used.

Excellent! Wish all kits had the drivers (and gib‘s) included!!!

Extremely lovely looking paint scheme! Nice big chunk of yellow!!! 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folk's,slow start due to the end of a couple of GB,s I had entered,anyway cockpit painted just finishing off the pilot figure.

• Like 5

Lovely job on the office Steve. These old Mono kits really had nicely done cockpits and undercarriage bays. Can't wait to see more,

cheers,

Pappy

• Like 1

Really good work on the cockpit, getting that done in one day is a great achievement especially considering how fantastic the pilot looks, and he really does look very good indeed. I think you have positioned the cockpit in the right place, looking at pics online yours looks to have the right amount of radar scope sticking out.

🇺🇦

Maybe it is old age catching up with me but I am confused, whose build is this? 

I thought that Stevej60 was the author but it seems that SoftScience is also contributing to the WIP? 

Pappy

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Pappy said:

Maybe it is old age catching up with me but I am confused, whose build is this? 

I thought that Stevej60 was the author but it seems that SoftScience is also contributing to the WIP? 

Pappy

Yes, there seems to be a bit of a build cross over going on here, nothing that our esteemed @Enzo Matrix can't sort out with a few well placed clicks.

🇺🇦

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Yes, there seems to be a bit of a build cross over going on here, nothing that our esteemed @Enzo Matrix can't sort out with a few well placed clicks.

🇺🇦

I just realised that SS also has a WIP for the same kit. It seems that he has accidentally posted into Steve's WIP, hence the double take,

Pappy

• Like 1

6 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Really good work on the cockpit, getting that done in one day is a great achievement especially considering how fantastic the pilot looks, and he really does look very good indeed. I think you have positioned the cockpit in the right place, looking at pics online yours looks to have the right amount of radar scope sticking out.

🇺🇦

Phew,I was worried there Craig I though my secret was out I  have kits that build themselves!

• Haha 3

Hi folk's,this kit is causing a few headache's,fuselage joined without issue you can just see a sliver of filler along the spine from the cockpit to the refueling

insert.That was an easy fix and sanded nice and smooth but the insrt fit was rubbish you can just see a piece of evergreen strip I had to glue in to get the 

contours right.I'll fill it next session as there are a few gaps.

No issues with the wheel bays which have some outstanding details molded in.I Chickened out of the open weapons bay.

A dry run of the upper/lower wigs showed the need to shim out the corner section and the evergreen strip I have was spot on for the job it fits

evenly once the gap is filled it should look fine.

• Like 5

Nice work Steve, wouldn't be a Monogram kit without some filling and fit issues would it, they do have some very nice details though as you pointed out. I don't blame you for having the weapons bay closed, I think I would do the same as it also helps to keep the sleek lines of the Dart.

🇺🇦

Shims and spars are great to have in ones bag od tricks, for these older kits. Its not something you have to do so much these days, but on these older models, they can save you tons of filling and sanding headaches.

I can't wait to see that big wing go together!

• Like 2