Hobbyboss 1/48 F-105G Wild Weasel in Vietnam camo

Hi all.

Here's another of my models I finished in 2021.

This is the Hobbyboss 1/48 F-105G. In my opinion one of the better kits of this brand. Don't ask me about accuracy as I couldn't care less. If it looks like an F-105G, it is an F-105G.

The kit builds quite nicely but the Aires cockpit set needs quite some tlc to make it fit properly. Nothing new here.

I used Gunze (MrHobby) acrylics over Alclad black primer. Weathering was done with Abteilung oilpaints and AK weathering pencils.. 

The decals are from Caracal and are excellent.

Thanks for watching.

René

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by HartDeco
  • Like 57
  • Thanks 2

Superb work here!

I love the realistic look on this one.  Your photography is also good, nice lighting and the clean background brings the details of the great looking model.

• Thanks 1

Awesome Thud you got there! One very tiny detail, though. Your right main wheel is slightly misaligned, but it doesn't detract from the awesome build you have created! 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, toniosky said:

Beautiful !!

How did you manage to keep the focus on the first picture from the nose to the tail, the a/c being rather long? Did you use Focus Stacking ?

No focus stacking, just single shot. I take the photos from a distance, using the long end of the zoom range. In this case a Tamron 24-135mm. This lens has a smallest apperture of f40 which gives quite a large depth of focus too.

René

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HartDeco said:

No focus stacking, just single shot. I take the photos from a distance, using the long end of the zoom range. In this case a Tamron 24-135mm. This lens has a smallest apperture of f40 which gives quite a large depth of focus too.

René

Thank you René for your answer

• Like 1

Congratulations. Superb result.
I´ve already build this kit on my own, and I know that there´s very little main wheel for such a huge beast.

• Thanks 1