F-104S AMI, Hasegawa 1/72

jean

Hi everyone,

I am entering this GB with the F-104S from Hasegawa in 1/72.

I am only doing this because I said I would. But I should not have! So far this year, I haven't finished a single GB build... And I am entering another one! Lunacy!

But I like the F-104, so it is no hardship. The sad thing is that I like pretty much every single Century fighters, although I am not too hot about the F-102...

Anyway, here are a few photos of the kit:

F-104S Photo 1

F-104S Photo 2

F-104S Photo 3

F-104S Photo 4

There you are!

It will be strictly an OOB build, with the exception of the seat belts and possibly the brake lines. Being Hasegawa, I do not foresee any waste of time cleaning up the plastic.

I have noticed though, some breakage to be fixed, as some of the parts are so ridiculously dainty. But I was told dainty was good!

So hopefully this kit will be finished on time. But I have said that so often in the past...

Have fun!

JR

• Like 7

Welcome to the GB Jean.

If you are going to finish any model in a GB then it is most likely this one, the Hasegawa F-104's in both 1/72 and 1/48 are great kits that build nicely. have you decided which of the kit schemes do finish her as yet? I would choose one of the options with the large roundels and white codes.

I have every confidence in you finishing this one in time and to a great standard.

🇺🇦

On 6/4/2022 at 10:50 PM, Dansk said:

Welcome Jean. The kit looks lovely.

Maybe stick those decals in a window exposed to the sun for a few days to un-yellow them

Hi Dansk,

you are right re the decals. The decals for my Do 17 are busy doing just that, which is just as well that we live in the middle of nowhere, as visitors seeing all those swastikas in my shed window, may start wondering where they have arrived...

Re the F-104, I was kindly sent a good set by a caring BMer during the F-104 GB in... 2018? Can it be already such a long time ago? Surely not.

But rather than unearthing them, I took a photo of the kit's decals.

Take care.

JR

• Like 1