Adrian’s Hasegawa 1/72 F-102A/F-106A Delta Combo - F-102A finished.

Well Century fighters aren’t really my thing but I spotted a bargain on an auction site the other day…

33003961-D4-EB-420-A-8-E3-B-B53-E9-D8704

I will start with the F-102A and break out a separate thread for the F-106A if (1) I get that far and (2) if the mods want one model per thread.

Plan is to build it on the ground with the missiles hanging out in the kit scheme. I don’t have a build plan but I’m not intending to go super detailed (when do I ever not say that??).

Here are the parts (some plastic fondling has taken place):

678-F25-D1-3-EEB-471-B-9-D84-7-F799873-F

And decals:

C048402-C-CDED-41-EB-BC99-B9-AF26-ABBF4-

And yes, I know my hobby room floor needs a vac!

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 9

Thats a great combo kit you have there Adrian, perfect for the GB!

14 minutes ago, Dansk said:

adiran can choose how he does this right? - it doesnt matter to me, one build thread for both or 2 seperate.

Certainly can as far as I'm concerned, it doesn't make a bit of difference as far as I can see.

🇺🇦

• Like 1

Just to show you how out of my depth I am with jets, I’ve just spent ten minutes going through the parts against the instructions with growing mystification. That was before I realised I had the F-102 parts and the F-106 instructions!

"Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy night."

• Haha 9

• 3 weeks later...

Just to report that this build is on hold for now. I’ve had nerve problems with my legs since February this year that have been getting steadily worse, and I was admitted to hospital as an in-patient on June 10.

No diagnosis or indication of when I will get out yet. So I’m hoping to get out before the end of the GB and at least get the deuce done, but it’s out of my hands for a while.

So in the meantime, I’ll be vicariously enjoying the GB through everyone else’s builds!

Regards,

Adrian

• Haha 1
  • Sad 7

That’s sad news Adrian, I hope they get you sorted really soon.  Apart from the discomfort, 2 weeks in hospital must be driving you mad.

I’m sure the amazing builds on BM (not forgetting the sometimes hilarious nonsense that goes alongside) will be a welcome distraction.

Best wishes

Dave

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Really sorry to hear that Adrian.

I hope that they are able to find out what is giving you such trouble with your legs and even more importantly that they are then able to sort it out. Know that you will be in all of our thoughts mate, and we hope that our builds help to keep you entertained during your stay in hospital.

🇺🇦

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to hear that adrian. I echo dave and craigs thoughts above. ‘God bedring’ as is said here. If you would like us to take the mickey out of craig to keep your spirits up we can do that 😉

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dave Slowbuild said:

2 weeks in hospital must be driving you mad.

I just survived a visit from my wife and two of her sisters, so I’m feeling a bit invincible at the moment!

1 hour ago, modelling minion said:

our builds help to keep you entertained

They certainly will!

3 minutes ago, Dansk said:

If you would like us to take the mickey out of craig to keep your spirits up we can do that

Hmmm, I couldn’t possibly comment ;)

Thanks Chaps!

Adrian

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dansk said:

If you would like us to take the mickey out of craig to keep your spirits up we can do that 😉

1 hour ago, AdrianMF said:

Hmmm, I couldn’t possibly comment ;)

Well if it helps keep Adrian's spirits up I am prepared to be the butt (ooh err missus!) of your jokes.😁

🇺🇦

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

Build stuff and post it up here! 

:)

Adrian

Hello Adrian, yes will do 👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽

I wish you a quick diagnosis, and that whatever it may be, it can easily be fixed. 
Keep checking back on the forum man, we‘re all here with you. 

Sam

• Thanks 1

• AdrianMF changed the title to Adrian’s Hasegawa 1/72 F-102A/F-106A Delta Combo

I’m sorry to hear about your troubles, Adrian. I hope the banter on BM, together with the usual great builds, will see you though it ;). All my best. 

Martin

• Thanks 1

On 6/27/2022 at 8:00 PM, AdrianMF said:

Build stuff and post it up here! 

A none too subtle hint. :D best I get onto my F-104 build. In 3 days I will have finished work & joined the ranks of the retired so there is a chance I can provide some entertainment. Will do my best, In the meantime Adrian, I hope for a reasonable diagnosis & full recovery for you.

Steve.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Adrian. 😔 Hells bells. Sorry to hear about your legs dear boy. I hope you get yourself in order soon. I’ll keep posting, I’m sure we all will to keep you titillated and entertained. 😇

Johnny.

ps. The kit looks like it will be fun Mind. 🤩

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I’m out of hospital, feeling not too bad and back at the bench. Page 6 of “Pfalz Friends” in WIP has all the gory details, such as they were, so I won’t go into them here.

Much fine and entertaining building has gone on here (including three finished(!) F-102s) so I need to put my modelling socks on. First up, the cockpit from the kit:

04-E2-B5-F8-BA58-472-A-8011-A76312731904

It may not look like much, but:

484-A71-E9-28-CC-49-DD-8-A59-17-D0845-F0

The canopy is going to be closed in the interests of getting this fella done, so I won’t be changing/adding much - stick, seatbelts and instrument decals?

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 7

Really happy to see you out of hospital and back at the bench Adrian.

Glad that you at least got a diagnosis (never guaranteed) and that you are at the less affected end of the scale, still sound like a very unpleasant thing to have though so I hope that you are able to get treatment and make a recovery.

Don't blame you for not adding much extra in the cockpit as nothing much will be visible with the canopy on.

Good to have you back mate.👍

🇺🇦

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...