Revell Porsche 911 Carrera Coupé. 3.2

My latest build is the legendary Porsche 911 Carrera Coupé. I have always liked this Porsche version and preferably in fiery red.  When my kids were small they always asked me "daddy, what would you like to have for Christmas present" and I always answered " a red Porsche 911" :-). Well since my wishes haven't been fulfilled so far I decided to get me a red Porsche myself. And here it is in the form of a new Revell model in 1/24 scale.

There are at present a myriad of Porsche kits of different manufacturers on the market, Targas, turbos, roadsters, with whale tails, you name it. Well, based on many positive reviews I chose this Revell kit and it was really a pleasure to build. The molding was very sharp and the fit was excellent. The instruction sheet was of the new four coloured Revell type, very good and informative. I wanted. indeed to paint the model red and for the interior I chose a light brown upholstery. I checked on the net that this combination was used in many Porsche 911's.

I primed the model with white Tamiya Fine surface primer and painted thereafter the red areas with Tamiya Italian red spray. Fort the leather seats I used Xrtacolor  X107. The black parts were painted with different shades of Vallejo and Humbrol paints. I polished the hull with the Tamiya fine compound.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 30

6 minutes ago, Vesa Jussila said:

Looks really good and color choice is excellent.  Decal stickers make nice impression. I hope you can get your 911 in 1:1 scale.

Thanks / kiitos Vesa.

Maybe, one day I'll get a red Porsche in 1:1 scale🤣

Einar

• Like 1

That's a stunning build Einar, really lovely Porker! :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Einar said:

When my kids were small they always asked me "daddy, what would you like to have for Christmas present" and I always answered " a red Porsche 911"

How strange is that - mine asked exactly the same and I always gave the same answer! They did eventually get me one - unfortunately it came in a Hot Wheels package!! 🤣

1 hour ago, Einar said:

Maybe, one day I'll get a red Porsche in 1:1 scale

I always said that when they went below £10,000 I'd get one - when they did my daughter had discovered horse riding (more expensive than cars!), so bang went getting my Porsche! Now a good one is at least 3 times that amount! :rolleyes: 

Anyway, really like your red Porsche!

Keith

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

That's a stunning build Einar, really lovely Porker! :thumbsup:

How strange is that - mine asked exactly the same and I always gave the same answer! They did eventually get me one - unfortunately it came in a Hot Wheels package!! 🤣

I always said that when they went below £10,000 I'd get one - when they did my daughter had discovered horse riding (more expensive than cars!), so bang went getting my Porsche! Now a good one is at least 3 times that amount! :rolleyes: 

Anyway, really like your red Porsche!

Keith

Thanks for sharing your memories Keith. What a coincidence👍👍I still dream of getting a red Porsche one day🤣🤣

Einar

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Natter said:

As others have said, a great model in just the 'right' colours.

Thanks Natter!

Einar 

7 hours ago, Fnick said:

Really nice colour combo. That's one of the kits on my wish list so good to know it's enjoyable to build!

Nick

Thanks Nick!

Einar 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, desert falcon said:

That’s a fantastic looking and very red 911 Einar 👍

And who knows, maybe one day your kids will bring you a red Porsche :)  

Thank you! ..and miracles do happen👍🤣

Einar 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ben Brown said:

Beautiful job! My favorite of the 911s.

BTW, does anyone make a rear spoiler for this kit? 

Ben 

Thanks Ben 

I know that Special Productions make a duck tail spoiler for the Tamiya Porsche 911 but I don't know whether it fits the Revell kit. 

Einar 

• Like 1

Excellent build. :thumbsup:

Good to know about the kit quality. I am considering to get me one. Much cheaper than a real one.

Hope that you get your 1:1 Porsche ASAP.☺️

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BerndM said:

Excellent build. :thumbsup:

Good to know about the kit quality. I am considering to get me one. Much cheaper than a real one.

Hope that you get your 1:1 Porsche ASAP.☺️

Thank you Bernd!

I still dream of a 1:1 red Porsche. You never know..🤣

Einar

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, BerndM said:

Having such a beauty in the garage is a very nice dream. 😃

How right you are!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

Terve! Beautiful 911, Einar! This is kit 85-4521? I feel the same itch to build one... 😊. V-P

Terve V-P and thank you for your comments!

Actually, mine is the new mold Revell (Germany) kit nr. 07688 but I guess the Revell (USA) one 85-4521 is the very same kit.

Cheers,

Einar

1 minute ago, Einar said:

Terve V-P and thank you for your comments!

Actually, mine is the new mold Revell (Germany) kit nr. 07688 but I guess the Revell (USA) one 85-4521 is the very same kit.

Cheers,

Einar

Oops yes, I picked the US kit number from Scalemates :whistle:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Anteater said:

Very nice. I have one in the stash; anything to look out for when building it?

Thank you!

Actually, I didn't have any issues building it. It's a very nice kit.

Cheers 

Einar 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, FunkyChiken said:

It's va very sharp build, I wouldn't have expected such fine detail from a revell kit, but it looks great! 

Thank you!

Einar