Eduard 1:48 Me BF109 G-2

Hello All,

So, after buying a considerable amount of kits at the Scottish National Scale Model Show, I decided to try and deplete my wee stash of existing kits starting with the Eduard 1:48 Me BF 109 G2 ProfiPACK one.

Screenshot 2022-06-03 at 20.03.35

Started off by doing the cockpit and fuselage as normal...

IMG_6677

So far the kit is a delight with good mould quality as you would expect from Eduard. I warmed to the clear and concise instruction booklet that was supplied.

IMG_6676

Assembly of the cockpit along with the etchings, was tedious but yet rewarding. The foot stirrups were particularly arduous to bend into shape and lace the straps through the micro buckles.

Preparation for the etching extras in the cockpit.

IMG_6675

After numerous dry fits of the wings and fuselage, it was ready for gluing together...

IMG_6704

IMG_6709

I taped off the tail landing wheel area after building together as I just knew i would trash it along the way till being ready for paint

IMG_6708

Dropped the back ailerons for a bit of aesthetics 

Then assembled the wings, glued to fuselage

IMG_6707

IMG_6706

IMG_6705

Thanks for looking

• Like 9

Today's progress

I had forgot to show the fitted cockpit detail last post.

spaceball.gif

IMG_6747

IMG_6746

IMG_6744

I painstakingly applied the Eduard masking. My first time using supplied masking

It was needed I think rather than using my goto masking with the ammo liquid. The canopy has a lot of framing compared to the past models I have built

IMG_6749

IMG_6748

Next to do is building up the radiators on the wings, mask and a coat of surface primer to see if  (and I am sure there will be) there are any seams that need further filled....

Thanks for dropping by.......

• Like 5

Cockpit is looking very nice. Masking the canopy with tape is worth the effort I think; masking fluid isn't particularly fond of forming sharp corners or straight lines.

How's the Eduard kit coming together compared with the Tamiya and hobbyboss?

Looking good.  Just wondering, is the head armour fitted to the canopy in those shots?  If it isn't, you might find that it fouls on the seatbelt anchors if you plan on having the canopy closed later on in the build..