Help identifying the ground power unit for the mirage iii

bettymoo

Hi fellow modellers,

As the title states, i cannot find the designation for the ground power unit used for the mirage iii. I'd like to model it in cad so that I can 3d print it, but extensive internet searches have yielded no results. Please help. 

• Like 1

Greetings Bettymoo,

I'm afraid you are going to have to be a bit more specific in your quest- The Mirage III, in service for 40 years or more with a multitude of Operators world-wide would have seen many different types of GPU plugged in by it's dedicated Liney's. 

The Mirage III, along with most other Military (and Civilian) aircraft would not have had a specific GPU, customer's would just receive a specification that needed to be met- i.e. 115/200 VAC, 25kVA, 28 VDC etc. and looked to their current inventory or local suppliers to supply.

A few searches with "Houchin"  "AGE" and "GPU" along with the Air Force of your choice may help. I found one pic with an RAAF GPU in it, but it's obscured by several dozen "full Moons" so I won't be linking it here, but you'll know it when you find it. 🙂