6GuJ7dA.jpg

LUs7Wq6.jpg

7kBAvmC.jpg

5a3Vwbe.jpg

A72ffFR.jpg

z42JORE.jpg

VZPGbXC.jpg

3CAu2LO.jpg

The Tamiya 1:48 109E kits are just great for quick builds, yes there are newer and better detailed kits around, but for sheer VFM, the Tamiya kits are hard to beat. I've added only belts made from masking tape and AM decals to this one because I wanted a quick project to keep my recent (Tamiya) Spitfire company on the shelf - also a factor was the very simple two-tone (three if you count the yellow) paint scheme. Nothing else really to say, the paintwork is heavily faded with pre & post shading which unfortunately my phones' camera isn't clever enough to bring-out so you'll just have to trust me on that. Not added the aerial wire yet because the next model show here isn't until November !!

The Romanians were supplied a large number of refurbished 109E-3's in early 1941 just prior to the invasion of the Soviet Union, hence the title of the thread. Feel free to ask any questions, make any comments or criticism - yes I have dirtied-up the wheel hubs since I took the pics, they don't look as stark now. Have a great weekend everyone, all the best from a decidedly autumnal Middle Earth.

Ian.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Wow!  Love it!

The Romanian scheme really is nice and colorful - I like the 3-tone rudder!

I think your weathering and shading is spot-on too.

👏👏

• Like 1

Very nice work and a very colorful and unusual livery.

Well done :thumbsup:

Tamiya kits like your Emil are true timeless classics and perfect mojo restorers.

Have a great weekend :)

• Like 1