MiniArt 1/35 LANZ D8532 Tractor

I started this over a year ago and finished it over the past couple of weeks, because it really deserved to be finished. It's just the cutest little thing. The paintwork was mostly done, it just needed a clearcoat, then finishing up and putting together. So that's what I did. It's a really nice build, it's quite fragile though so you have to be very careful while handling it. Miniart didn't go all out on the crazy tiny parts with this kit, save for some parts on the underside this kit is quite easy to build. As for weathering, I didn't dare do much to it because of the fragility, I just used some Tamiya powders and called it done. So it's in good shape, just a little dusty / muddy. 

Paint is Tamiya Medium Blue, darkened with a little bit of Sea Blue. Wheels, roof and details are Vallejo paints. Lifecolor paints for the exhaust. 

WIP here: 

So here it is. 

20220602220815-e662165a-me.jpg

20220602220805-616eb878-me.jpg

20220602220807-7ef4273a-me.jpg

20220602220808-699d5339-me.jpg

The bulb on the front is called a "Glühkopf", a "glow head" so you will. A fire is started in there to warm up the engine enough to be able to start it. It has a very distinct sound and what's also special about it is that to reverse the tractor, you actually run the engine backwards. 

You can see all this in this video, really nice. 

20220602220809-843634c2-me.jpg

20220602220811-e8539904-me.jpg

20220602220813-8e53fb2f-me.jpg

20220602224038-891513e4-me.jpg

20220602221540-c0cf4395-me.jpg

Thanks for watching!

• Like 27

Another fine build to add to your collection Jeroen. Your building kits at a fast rate mate I will have a lot of catching up to do when I return to the bench 🙂👍

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Andy J said:

Another fine build to add to your collection Jeroen. Your building kits at a fast rate mate I will have a lot of catching up to do when I return to the bench 🙂👍

Thanks Andy, I hope to finish one or two more before the next GB's start.

• Like 1

I really like this, you have built a stunning little tractor there.

The video is also very interesting and the tractor is a lot bigger than I thought it would be in "real life"

Best Regards

Keith.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Mpfiend said:

I really like this, you have built a stunning little tractor there.

The video is also very interesting and the tractor is a lot bigger than I thought it would be in "real life"

Best Regards

Keith.

Thanks Keith, indeed the real thing is still plenty big! The model is most likely correctly scaled, but still it's the smallest 1/35 scale model I have in the cabinet, maybe that's why it stands out to me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Excellent build of an unusual-looking tractor. It almost looks like an illustration in a children's reading book!

Thanks, and yes it is unusual, especially because of the roof which is so far back. I think this was done because the seat is actually quite far back as well. 

1 hour ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Great work as usual! I would love to see your cabinet!

Well, here you go... 

20220603125535-1a4fb024-me.jpg

It's starting to look like something, at least there's still plenty of room for more!

Here's the Lanz amongst some of its 1/35 scale friends. 

20220603125534-57ac3d29-me.jpg

The perspective causes it to look as big as the green Hanomag, but it's actually quite a bit smaller!

• Like 8

I remember the Bulldogs from my childhood. They indeed had a peculiar sound, and looked exactly like your model. There's a technics museum in Sinsheim, Germany on the motorway near Heidelberg. They have a dozen or so of them, many still workable. Your fine model brings great memories.

• Thanks 1

On 03/06/2022 at 10:48, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Excellent build of an unusual-looking tractor. It almost looks like an illustration in a children's reading book!

That was very close to my first thought too - with that rear leaning roof and almost rear-biased rake I can just imagine it in a Cars movie as Larry the Lanz wannabe dragster or something similar.

As for the model, another lovely job there. Looks as though it fits very well with all its friends too.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

That is a beautifully finished model of what appears to be a fearsome machine.  No wonder it's called BULLDOG.  Not exactly the work of a moment to get it running, is it?

Trevor

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, klubman01 said:

That is a beautifully finished model of what appears to be a fearsome machine.  No wonder it's called BULLDOG.  Not exactly the work of a moment to get it running, is it?

Trevor

Thanks Trevor, there definitely seems to be some planning involved, not something to make a quick getaway 🙂 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Viking said:

What a lovely little model, so small and yet finely detailed!

Cheers

John

It's a really nice kit, with the eye for detail Miniart have, but without the sometimes excessive parts count.