'The Last of the Gunfighters' & 'SLUFs' (Crusaders & Corsair IIs) STGB Chat

Great fellas, you're all added to the list. 👍

Loving the Italeri markings too.

Here's some more eye candy - Plenty of fun opportunities to weather the corsairs particularly.

spacer.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, modelling minion said:

Unless I am very much mistaken (often the case these days), as we now have 25 signed up for this does that mean we have reached the numbers required for an STGB to make it to the Bunfight?

🇺🇦

@Enzo Matrix questioned the viablility of it being an stgb craig. Enzo does this dtgb need a full 30?

and if so is it then categorized as a full theme regular gb with timelines etc

• Like 1

• Dansk changed the title to 'The Last of the Gunfighters' & 'Slufs' (Crusaders & Corsair IIs) stgb - 26 votes
3 hours ago, Dansk said:

@Enzo Matrix questioned the viablility of it being an stgb craig. Enzo does this dtgb need a full 30?

and if so is it then categorized as a full theme regular gb with timelines etc

We resolved that issue.  It's in The Bunfight.  I just neglected to move it to the right area...   :wall:

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

We resolved that issue.  It's in The Bunfight.  I just neglected to move it to the right area...   :wall:

wow brilliant. thanks. awesome fellas we made it to the bumfight 🙌🥳🍻

• Like 2

• Dansk changed the title to 'The Last of the Gunfighters' & 'Slufs' (Crusaders & Corsair IIs) stgb - bunfight ready!
On 7/21/2022 at 6:22 AM, Dansk said:

wow brilliant. thanks. awesome fellas we made it to the bumfight 🙌🥳🍻

in future if you think Enzo has forgotten something, then just give him a poke! :poke:

He seems to like it........ maybe a little too much!!! 🤣

6 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Excellent news!

Now just need to get it through the Bunfight and decide which aircraft to build.

🇺🇦

looking at the sheer number this time around, it's going to be sheer bloodshed!!

Way too many GB/STGB's for the available spots.... will make the Zombie apocalypse look like a waiting in a line at Disneyland to see a Mickey Mouse show!!!  :rofl2:

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, trickyrich said:

looking at the sheer number this time around, it's going to be sheer bloodshed!!

Way too many GB/STGB's for the available spots.... will make the Zombie apocalypse look like a waiting in a line at Disneyland to see a Mickey Mouse show!!!  :rofl2:

I might buy a corsair:

if this gb doesnt get through i can do it as a relic or wreck,

weathered,

in a desert scheme,

or southeren europe scheme

or an ace's ride -

therefore making it eligible in a lot of current bunfight proposals 🤣

• Like 3

Just started counting, so far there are 8 STGB's for 7 slots, no so bad.

But for GB's 31 so far for 5-6 slots!!!!!  :yikes:  There's going to be some very sad members come the 16th of November!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hasegawa's 1/48 F-8E re-issue due end August on pre-order with Japan's Hobby Search. Stack of Aires resin on the way from European suppliers. Furball decals also on the way. Still looking to pull the trigger on Wolfpack's air speed brake set. Hopefully the GB will get up. But, not to worry a favourite subject and one I have been wanting to do for some time.

Ray

• Like 4

On 7/8/2022 at 11:03 PM, Dansk said:

here's some eyecandy to help woo some more votes for this

52203398289_a9904c06a7_b.jpg

So woooed -

On 7/17/2022 at 8:17 PM, theplasticsurgeon said:

I just bought this at Fairford - count me in please.

00-Italeri-Crusader.jpg

00-Italeri-Crusader-Options.jpg

And this at IPMS Avon show today.

00-Heller-Crusader.jpg

Which shows that this kit has engraving for double slats of the F-8J or the F-8E(FN).  And I've built it before, and scalped the slats (incompletely) and flaps.

Heller-F8-Crusader.jpg

The new Heller build could well be French.

Double in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Navy Bird said:

When will we get approval for this group build? I'm anxious to spend countless hours on the Anigrand Crusader III.

Cheers,

Bill

Sorry Bill we need to have the annual Bunfight (vote) the first two weeks of November. If we get in the top 5-7 group builds then we can get dates for next year. Every member will be allowed to vote. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Sorry Bill we need to have the annual Bunfight (vote) the first two weeks of November. If we get in the top 5-7 group builds then we can get dates for next year. Every member will be allowed to vote. 

I'll be sure to vote early and often!

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...