'The Last of the Gunfighters' & 'SLUFs' (Crusaders & Corsair IIs) STGB Chat

Not sure if we've done this before but these two bedfellows could make a nice stgb or 'dtgb' (double type group build)

spacer.png

spacer.png

1 @Dansk host

2 @Corsairfoxfouruncle co host

3 @JosephLalor

4 @Marklo

5 @Evil_Toast_RSA

6 @Jb65rams

7 @DaveJL

8 @Jabba

9 @Procopius

10 @modelling minion

11 @Navy Bird

12 @stevehnz

13 @almac

14 @Stephen

15 @Ray_W

16 @franky boy

17 @PattheCat

18 @AntPhillips

19 @wellzy

20 @Ghostbase

21 @trickyrich

22 @coneheadff

23 @Pappy

24 @alt-92

25 @theplasticsurgeon

26 @Wez

27 @KiwiJohn

28 @theaa2000

• Like 5

• Dansk changed the title to The last of the Gunfighters and Slufs (Crusaders and Corsair IIs)

I think STGB as the SLUF was just a shortened version of the Crusader, the wing was solid and optimized for ground attack.

The A-7 was developed during the early 1960s as replacement for the Douglas A-4 Skyhawk. Its design was derived from the Vought F-8 Crusader; in comparison with the F-8, the A-7 is both smaller and restricted to subsonic speeds, its airframe being simpler and cheaper to produce.”

Essentially the YA-7F was supposed to re-extend the fuselage for better air to air capabilities. 

YA-7F Strikefighter (A-7D Plus)

Stretched, supersonic version of A-7 powered by an F100, optimized for interdiction role, but cancelled after two prototypes were built.

At least these are my opinions, want a co-host ? 

Dennis

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

At least these are my opinions, want a co-host ? 

Dennis

Great Dennis, yes it would be great to have you as a co-host especially with your knowledge on this subject. 🙏👍😘

6 hours ago, JosephLalor said:

I'd be up for this one; I'm thinking in terms of a blue Aeronavale Crusader.

Cool. we have a start chaps.

• Like 1

• Dansk changed the title to The last of the Gunfighters and Slufs (Crusaders and Corsair IIs) stgb

How am I supposed to cut back on my GB/STGB commitments when you keep coming up with such good ideas for them?😁

I really enjoyed building Monogram's F-8 for the mud movers GB so I am more than happy to build another, or the Hasegawa F-8J I have, or the Hasegawa A-7D, or the HobbyBoss TA-7... anyway you get the picture.

🇺🇦

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I just so happen to have a not-so-nice resin kit of the F8U-3 Crusader III. This could be an excuse to actually build it. Hmm...    :hmmm:

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 2

Great fellas, I think we have some interest for thIs.

I'd personally love to build the large scale trumpy sluf kit either as a dirty hellenic scheme or hi viz us navy 🤔

such a pretty aircraft I think.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3

• Dansk changed the title to The last of the Gunfighters and Slufs (Crusaders and Corsair IIs) stgb - 11 votes
2 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Oh. OK twist my arm then, I'm in, again, no shortage of options but don't expect more than the one from me. :)

Steve.

great steve. 👍

• Like 1

• Dansk changed the title to 'The Last of the Gunfighters' & 'Slufs' (Crusaders & Corsair IIs) stgb - 12 votes
  • Dansk changed the title to 'The Last of the Gunfighters' & 'Slufs' (Crusaders & Corsair IIs) stgb - 13 votes
2 hours ago, Marklo said:

Well it's 1/72 which isn't my preferred scale but I'm now the proud owner of a Mig 15 kit...

you've lost me mark? what's that got to do with a corsair ii / crusader gb?

• Dansk changed the title to 'The Last of the Gunfighters' & 'Slufs' (Crusaders & Corsair IIs) stgb - 14 votes

Paul,

Sign me up for an F-8. I have been meaning to build one for some time and this is the excuse. Stupidly, I have been eyeing a 1/48 Hasegawa (yes Hasegawa) on a shelf at a LHS (right beside the rocking horse:poop:) saying to myself don't do it. My current dictum is "Thou shall not increase thy stash". Of course, now it's gone. Having since checked the private sale market I thought I should of bought it anyway. Oh well, now we're on the hunt. If ever there was an excuse to go 1/32 and go Trumpeter this is it. Let's test my 1/48 discipline.

STOP PRESS: I just read this on www.1999.co.jp 

Hasegawa's 07225 PT25 Late Aug re-release (Jun. 1, 2022 Pre-order start.)

I'm in.

Ray

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Ray_W said:

Hasegawa's 07225 PT25 Late Aug re-release (Jun. 1, 2022 Pre-order start.

if you're lhs does have a hasegawa f-8 then buy it before it's never seen again, they're so hard to find!

but awesome if the above is the case!

welcome ray, you're on the list.✌️👍

i hope this gets through i really want to build a corsair ii. 🙏

• Like 1