1/48 - de Havilland Canada DHC-2/L-20A/U-6A Beaver by Dora Wings - 3D renders

Homebee

9 hours ago, Ali62 said:

So how should these be different Paul, interested to know what you would like different.

I'm just saying the images of the proposed interior and exterior roof top fittings look the same. NOT complaining.!!!  But  would like to see a civilian alternative rather than military all the time.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Paul J said:

I'm just saying the images of the proposed interior and exterior roof top fittings look the same. NOT complaining.!!!  But  would like to see a civilian alternative rather than military all the time.

Oh ok Paul that is great, just thought you may have known something different.

I think we are all pleased with this, and I am sure that the guys at Dora will offer some alternatives, they are already looking into the various float options as we have seen.

I made some enquiries myself to get information and drawings on this but it is not easy to get good definitive information.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Looking very good indeed! Both types of strakes are shown, a nice option, especially with all the civilian operators today. Hopefully a 3 blade propeller with spinner will be another option? Most Beavers around here (Pacific Northwest) have had 3 bladed props fitted for quite some time, due to noise abatement laws.

Looking forward to it.

Cheers

Jeff

• Like 2

On 8/5/2022 at 3:57 PM, MrB17 said:

Looking very good indeed! Both types of strakes are shown, a nice option, especially with all the civilian operators today. Hopefully a 3 blade propeller with spinner will be another option? Most Beavers around here (Pacific Northwest) have had 3 bladed props fitted for quite some time, due to noise abatement laws.

Looking forward to it.

Cheers

Jeff

Yes to the three bladed prop.

Edited by Scooby
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

I can't wait for this..... I loved the Airfix 1/72 kit, and built a few of them and have some still in the stash, but this at 1/48 is AWESOMELY good, and like mentioned earlier, maybe one day the Otter.... but I don't want to get ahead of the game, this is so cool, and a real and true bush plane ..... FINALLY !!

Thank you Dora Wings !

Jeff

5 hours ago, SAT69 said:

I would very much like to see an Otter kit!

5 hours ago, Admiral Puff said:

In 1:48, of course - and from there 'tis but a hop, skip and jump to a Twotter ...

Yes, of course the Twotter too!

Edited by Scooby

On 9/23/2022 at 11:55 AM, Britman said:

Does anyone here know of any decals for Baxter Air of Vancouver. The reason of course is that it was the first floatplane that I had the pleasure of flying in. Looking forward to this kit any way.

Keith 

Maybe Above and Below Graphics, who are re-opening at the end September 30th.

• Like 1

On 23/09/2022 at 18:55, Britman said:

Does anyone here know of any decals for Baxter Air of Vancouver. The reason of course is that it was the first floatplane that I had the pleasure of flying in. Looking forward to this kit any way.

Keith 

Likewise for me. My flight was in 2002. Still got the T shirt! The fleet got absorbed by Harbour Air.