Crusader Mk. III - Border Model - 1/35

17 hours ago, robgizlu said:

Very nicely modeled

Rob

Thank you Rob.

9 hours ago, DaveBenyon said:

Wonderful model. Keen to know how/where the markings went wrong on the Border Models kit? I have similar issues with a desert (Tamiya) Matilda I'm also building!

Thank you Dave. Nothing went wrong with them, they were just not correct. For example, squadron markings for 9th Lancers were red, while they should be yellow. Also, I am not convinced that the census number is correct.

What issues do you have with (Tamiya) Matilda? I built it some time ago, and as I remember, decals were quite thick, which I don't like.

• 1 month later...
On 6/12/2022 at 9:17 AM, Nenad Ilijic said:

Thank you Dave. Nothing went wrong with them, they were just not correct. For example, squadron markings for 9th Lancers were red, while they should be yellow. Also, I am not convinced that the census number is correct.

What issues do you have with (Tamiya) Matilda? I built it some time ago, and as I remember, decals were quite thick, which I don't like.

The Tamiya Matilda has many issues with the markings and colour scheme. I corrected the Caunter colours from a variety of online sources. For the markings, in  case anyone else builds the same model, this page was very useful.

https://mikesresearch.com/2018/10/28/matilda-operation-crusader-1941/ I opted for "Defiance" (Phantom has similar issues in terms of markings and decals to add/correct), which meant changing a number 9 for an 8, printed wrongly in the decals, also adding a yellow triangle with white 4 inside tactical marking also missed off the decals/instructions. I did a bit of asking in another forum to be more confident I was getting the right colour, based on seniority of regiments having different colours, as it isn't at all clear in B&W photographs. http://ww2talk.com/index.php?threads/tobruk-matilda-markings-question.84942/page-3

• Like 1