Tu-128 'Fiddler' on a display base

Stunning.

You have captured the sorry look of these museum aircraft, displayed under the open sky, very well in this diorama.

Guess this is a pretty huge bird even in 1:72.

• Like 2

Wow!  This is beautiful, despite all the mistakes you think you made.  The effect is just perfect, and it's so good that you re-purposed this subject, right down to the pigeon poop on the vertical fin!

• Like 1

He's going to need a bigger bucket  :) . I really like what you have done with this, a very happy accident in the end.

I would have loved to have seen the real thing in operation, how impressive must it have been to see that taxiing around and taking off?

Duncan B

• Like 1

You've done some outstanding modeling. The Fiddler is huge! About the size of the American B-58 Hustler?

• Like 1

Fantastic build! Great how you turned the '  accident' around, into a memorable scene. The solitary figure is a very nice indication of the immenseness of this plane.

Later that day:
- "Dammit Maksim, where were you? I had to clean the MiG 15 all by myself!"
- "Drop dead, Sergei."

Edited by Luka
  • Haha 2

Absolutely disgusting.... in all the best ways! I love the way you've turned a near disaster into a fantastic centrepiece model matey. Impressive kit too by the looks of it! 

• Like 1

Excellent!

If this is the result of a mistake then more power to you - looks fantastic to me!

The base, scenery and figure make it a real masterpiece.

👏👏

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BerndM said:

Stunning.

You have captured the sorry look of these museum aircraft, displayed under the open sky, very well in this diorama.

Guess this is a pretty huge bird even in 1:72.

Thanks! It is indeed a huge bird. It really is basically like a bomber - and you can see the clear resemblance to the Tu-22 'Blinder', most notably on the wings. Just a bit scaled down.

22 hours ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Wow!  This is beautiful, despite all the mistakes you think you made.  The effect is just perfect, and it's so good that you re-purposed this subject, right down to the pigeon poop on the vertical fin!

Thanks! It all worked out well in the end. And oils are great for weathering like this. The pigeon poop was the last addition to the build - I remembered seeing pics of planes with poop on the vertical fin :)

22 hours ago, Duncan B said:

He's going to need a bigger bucket  :) . I really like what you have done with this, a very happy accident in the end.

I would have loved to have seen the real thing in operation, how impressive must it have been to see that taxiing around and taking off?

Duncan B

It must have been a pretty awesome sight! Some cool clips in this short video:

16 hours ago, SAT69 said:

You've done some outstanding modeling. The Fiddler is huge! About the size of the American B-58 Hustler?

Yes! It's near identical in size when compared to B-58 hustler :) 

15 hours ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

That is absolutely fantastic! Love the base diorama & looks like that chap has a big job on his hands! 

Martin

8 hours ago, Maginot said:

Good one. Great recovery. Comic scenario. I'm sure a few of us know how your character feels (this from a lapsed aircraft cleaner %~))

Yeah the guy seems woefully unprepared and unequipped for the task at hand :D 

• Like 3

Great save and great  result, it reminds me of so many grimy and faded museum aircraft I have seen over the years! The algae and bird droppings are spot on...

• Like 1