The Bulletproof Bomb - Wacky Races - 1/50 (I think...) scratch

I dont sure if this is the right place to post this mounting, but I dont find another better, so, I apologize for this and lets go!

I decided build theThe Ant Hill Mob car, The Bulletproof Bomb. In Brazil the "crew" is called "Quadrilha de Morte", also like Gang of Death (not Gang of the Death); the car is called "Carro a Prova de Balas", also like Bulletproof Car. I made some calculations, comparing pictures from cartoon to estimate the "real" size; I used the Dick Dastartly "real height" (in the internet they say that Dick is 1,93m tall (🤔). I dont remember how lenght is the Mean Machine, but comparing the relative size in pictures, I presume that I have the real length of each car., that is 5,2 meters, more or less!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🥺 Finally I made my draw in scale.

p?i=0020e0efc62b79fcf89a2712528f9234 p?i=cc2949e0c29eb9b18effd4a154b10f16p?i=659506943a757aaf7cabf00a800acd25

p?i=1c1f78219d932731fe59e7f7641682b1

I apologize for not having the initial photos, but I'm preferring to mounting the models than taking photos from then and editing. I'm in psycho treatment and the Doctor told me to dedicate myself to the hobby. So I'm mounting more and taking less photos. The model is build with cardboard,, paper, white glue, superglue, and other stuffs that I show for you.

The piece ahead the car is the radiator front

p?i=2f9ee72c028fec4624ebdeb3418a8668

In the roof I see the Union Jack... 😀. God Save the Queen! Realy Guys, its not intencional, but its nice!!!!!!!!!!!

p?i=7f8e0958dab4ef89835595f07a4481e9

Here is possible see the internal structure, with the internal reinforcements that attach the pieces and give resistence to the model.

p?i=c974a89e08e4142ae5bbd146b6336e69

Edited by adolfocaetanonetto
Correction
  • Like 21

Hello, guys. We go with a little bit of the mounting. I made the car fenders, with cardboard; the straight part (I think that si the stirrup) have triple layer; the fenders are build with a long cardboard strip attached in the sides, with a thin cardboard (with a lots of cuts) to reinforcement.

p?i=b247b1d6258e45845b84d5e9e192dac7 p?i=4c728df7482ba83978d1fc15f298ebdf

Later I glue lots of little cardboard strips to made the external recurve part of the fenders. Finaly I glue more thin cardboard under the fenders to get resistence.

p?i=6b00a0af69b667f4a3932fd58f66ad8f]

After the fenders ready, sandpaper for smoothness.

p?i=9031bcc7d65ff014472eaf1ed627ed85

In the front of car I glue the radiator piece, with some scratches made with scalpel and mechanical pencil (I thought that the stuff called automatic pencil!!!! 😳. Oh Lord! Third World peoples is a shi.......)

p?i=fb7076580b75e50b8a7086bf9a046e34

• Like 15

5 hours ago, Robert Stuart said:

Very different, this looks fun.
Don't recall the Ant Hill Mob winning many races, though I guess there was some semblance of balance in the programmes?

Here are the stats of Wacky Race... There are peoples worse than me when we talk about nerd/geek affairs.

https://www.whatsitsgalore.com/etc/wackyraces.html

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, adolfocaetanonetto said:

Here are the stats of Wacky Race... There are peoples worse than me when we talk about nerd/geek affairs.

https://www.whatsitsgalore.com/etc/wackyraces.html

Whoa, the Ant Hill Mob did better than Penelope Pitstop?
That surprises me, thanks

• Like 1

That's interesting (the race stats), but I must challenge one of them. The Mean Machine did indeed at least one race. Right, SPOILERS ahead!

IIRC, the race in question was held in Russia, because the prize was Red Square, and Dastardley was overjoyed to think that he'd won such a prime piece of real estate fair and square -- or as close to it as he ever got; for once, he crossed the finishing line in first place, and hadn't blown all the others off the road. Much to his disgust, what he'd won was a red square (of cardboard, AFAICT). 😁

• Like 2

This makes a nice change, i'm constantly amazed at the skill of people who build these cardboard models and your work is top notch.

I'm a big fan of Wacky races and so is a friend of mine, he has the original design sketch for the Mean Machine on his wall.

Following this with interest.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Now I’m not saying I’m a bit slow but I’ve just ‘got’ Professor Pat Pending….. 😂😂😂

It’s only taken 50 years…….

Like the model too!

Graham

• Like 1
  • Haha 1