RS Models 1/72 F-51H Mustang of the 156th FIS, Pennsylvania Air National Guard

3 hours ago, Winenut said:

Wow the extra photos showed the wash much clearer

Yes, glad you agree. It was a hard subject to photograph using just my phone!

2 hours ago, Wulfman said:

A beautiful build and finish, great stuff !

Wulfman

Thanks Wulfman!

Terry

This is an excellent finish. Since I have that kit at home in my stash I am well aware that it takes a lot of effort and patience to achieve such an outstanding result. I have always been a fan of the colorful Thunderbolts and Mustangs of the immediate post-WW2 period and this strikingly red and silver pony is indeed a beauty. 👍

Edited by 112 Squadron
  • Thanks 1

Wow, I've seen two H model builds today! :) This is a striking scheme and it looks fantastic; very nice work!  I got an RS models P-51H for Christmas, but haven't had the courage to work on it yet.  This certainly makes me want to dig it out...

• Thanks 1

Great job on the H Terry - I really like that red colour scheme and you've really nailed it. Given we both like the H, perhaps we can convince those exceptionally nice people at Army Hobby to make us a nice new kit of it...? I'll get cracking on one of their new B-models as a sign of good faith!

Justin

• Haha 1

On 6/12/2022 at 12:45 AM, 112 Squadron said:

This is an excellent finish. Since I have that kit at home in my stash I am well aware that it takes a lot of effort and patience to achieve such an outstanding result. I have always been a fan of the colorful Thunderbolts and Mustangs of the immediate post-WW2 period and this strikingly red and silver pony is indeed a beauty. 👍

Thanks. You should have a go at yours!

On 6/12/2022 at 7:26 AM, opus999 said:

Wow, I've seen two H model builds today! :) This is a striking scheme and it looks fantastic; very nice work!  I got an RS models P-51H for Christmas, but haven't had the courage to work on it yet.  This certainly makes me want to dig it out...

Thank you. Yes I saw the other H which is rather splendid. Having seen your other Mustang, you should give the RS H a go too!

16 hours ago, Bedders said:

Great job on the H Terry - I really like that red colour scheme and you've really nailed it. Given we both like the H, perhaps we can convince those exceptionally nice people at Army Hobby to make us a nice new kit of it...? I'll get cracking on one of their new B-models as a sign of good faith!

Justin

Thank you Justin. An H from Arma Hobby would certainly be a treat! I plan to get at least one of the new Arma Hobby Mustangs, they look so great.

Terry

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheBaron said:

Eye-catching doesn't cover it Terry: that is one vibrant piece of work.

Splendid. 👏

Thank you Tony, such comments from a master in this hobby, are truly appreciated. 

(I know, I say all the right things) 😁

Terry

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Sorry I am late Terry,  that is one gorgeous Mustang.  Great work, I appreciate your efforts after building the RS models P322-1 Lightning.  Cracking work and s great scheme.

Chris

Thanks Chris and no need for apologies! RS do some interesting types, and surface detail can be very good, but they seem to be quite a challenge!

T.

• Like 1