FW 190 A5 Jabo Eduard 1/48

Hi all,

I post some pics of one of my Covid builds: it is one of the options in a limited release by Eduard ' Jabo', featuring Fw190 A5 operating in the Jabo role over England in 1942/43.

It is a FW19045/U8 who landed by error on Manston airport during a night raid in July 43.  All the lower surfaces and parts of the sides were overpainted in black to adapt to their night raider use.  

Here are a few pictures of the completed kit. The paints are Gunze. I tried to replicate some chipping of the black overpainting showing the RLM 76 underneath, using Mig Ammo chipping fluid. I used several techniques for the final weathering: oil paints, chipping with foam, CMK and Mig pigments, and Tamiya weathering sets to replicate the exhaust stains.

The small building in the background was done with blue (Forex) foam, painfully carved to represent the brick walls.

Have a nice day,

Christian.

P1060775

P1060778

P1060777

P1060779

• Like 57
  • Thanks 3

Excellent result. Incidentally, as I recall, these craft did not fare well with their Jabo-ing over the UK. By this point in the war there were mosquitos looking for them so it did not matter much what colour they were or how fast they tried to go...

Superb job on the building by the way.

wow !!!! what a superb replica !!! love your rendering of this scheme !! dark and flat !! the chipping on the ruder is very well done too !! 

very nice presentation of the diorama too with this small house ! 

inspiring !!

Bravo Christian, tu as fait une vraiment belle maquette, 

bonne journée ! 

This is one of the finest 190`s I can ever remember seeing.  Simply outstanding attention to detail.  It`s beautiful!!!! 😍 :goodjob:

Mike

Thanks guys for the kind comments, they are much appreciated. Eduard kits lately are very enjoyable to build, surpassed only by Tamiya in my opinion.

I do not have so much workspace and often have no time to take in progress shots.

I too like the brutish look of this Jabo version of the FW 190, although their attacks on England were mere pinpricks. One can imagine the stress of navigation in   a single seat

fighter at night over enemy territory. Several Jabos landed by error on british landing fields actually.

have a nice day,

Christian.