Italeri 1:12 F-104G Cockpit

Hi all...

I'm cheating slightly here, in that I'm not actually building a model of a Century Fighter, just part of one!

I've enjoyed building the Eduard Instrument Panel kits, and while I expect this to be a bit more complicated, and take a bit longer, I think it's a great idea for a model kit. Here are some pics...

PdfnkZnwOdz_2cm0J_BTV6sTx-uSrkA0KrHwwz49

ZVmwWipE6y6LCPL8MBZdcBDNd9Iwt6bYPQdvYucQ

UOQ5gSV9tAXAecP3blKV5juu5dAPecKetln6XMDx

As can be seen, there's a fair bit of plastic, and some good Instrument Panel details etc. There are decals for the IPs and Helmet, and also some "fabric" stickers for the seat belts.

I reckon the key to this build will be the detail paint, getting each switch etc. just right. I've barely looked at the instructions yet, but we'll see how it goes! Not sure when I'll start either, this weekend is a busy one for me!

Thanks...

• Like 9

welcome jason. what an interesting topic.

if you scratch build the plane around it craig and i will personally come to your house and present you an award. (....of course thats a great reason NOT to scratchbuild the plane) 😁

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Jasonb13 said:

Well, we'll see how well it goes first! :) But I am looking forward to hopefully not having to deal with seams, Not on the fuselage at any rate! :)

Yeah I know what you mean. I built one of these aaaages ago and it was huge fun. The seat harness arrangement is somewhat 'simpified' but the bigger issue is the weird brown colour, they should be more of a khaki colour with light blue adjustment straps. Looking forward to how this one comes out,

Pappy

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, I've gone from a Throat Infection to Covid to a Sinus Infection, so I have been in no mood to get to the bench at all. Hopefully I will get to this over the next few weeks, and hopefully it'll be a quick enough build so I can get it done in time!

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Blimey Jason you really have been through it lately haven't you!

I hope you feel up to making a start on your super sized cockpit soon.

And feel free to turn your germ magnet off at any time.😉

🇺🇦

going back to an earlier post, he's just making absolutely sure that we wont come to his house craig. 😂

but seriously get well soon jason and take it easy as this can wait.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sigh...

Ok, another month gone, and Plastic not even cut.

I was away for a few weeks, and the heat and Jet Lag has left me with no interest in modelling at all. First world problems, I know!

However, I *think* this should be a fairly easy-ish build, so I haven't given up on getting it finished, I have two months left. Getting it started would be a good first step though!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ah, I'm afraid I've had to admit defeat on this one, I just don't have the time, energy or motivation to get to the bench. In fact, I've actually decided to sell some kits, including this one, so it's definitely not going to happen now!

My apologies for entering the GB and then not getting involved at all, very rude of me.

Best of luck to everyone else working on their builds!

• Sad 2