Douglas DC 4 Skymaster

That is a beautiful job on this. Such a handsome classic airliner in a classic scheme & you've nailed it. 👍

The photo is the current Capetown Airport with Simonsberg/Hottentots-Holland mountains in the background?

Steve.

• Like 1

Wow - as a new modeller and forum member I am not used to the today’s standard of output, but even with that in mind Etienne that is a truly stunning model and that paint job - wow, incredible. Don’t give up that scale ….

Excellent job on the airliner Etiennedup. Nothing does a metal finish better than foil. Pain in the backside to apply at times but the finished product always looks stunning! :goodjob:

2 hours ago, stevehnz said:

The photo is the current Capetown Airport with Simonsberg/Hottentots-Holland mountains in the background?

Steve.

Thanks for those comments mate.     

Spot on Steve!..........My balcony from those mountains looks towards the airport and I am forever watching the air traffic

through my binoculars.

Bye.

• Like 1

Amazing finish. One of the nicest models I have seen of late in my opinion.

I guess nothing beats metal foil. Wish I had the patience.

Stunning model and really nice livery 👍

Rgds,

Rob 

4 hours ago, Swamp Donkey said:

What a beautiful model of a stunning looking machine. Had the pleasure of a flight in ZS-BMH back in 1998

SD

Ah, yes, me too. Out of Fairford?  Great build. One of my favourites. This particular DC-4 had a lucky escape when it collided with a Harvard in 1962 near Durban. All occupants were OK tho. In fact I built the Kittyhawk Harvard in the markings of 7464 as a friends father actually witnessed the accident.

https://aviation-safety.net/database/record.php?id=19620630-0

Edited by keithjs
  • Like 1