Reini's Century Series - "The Six"

reini

Reini's Century Series - F-106A Delta Dart

y4mvRxNc2kQpnEMPyT_4zbEvn5wuMVfgqn9a5v0r

Meng's F-106 comes in a box twice the size of the same manufacturer's F-102 box - and it's stull packed full with plastic!

y4mv6pzZs3NJiaMJGch9yvrGzjzREZBmR-SeMQXo

And if possible, it also looks even better than the F-102 kit. 

y4mxkYUBdiYxYgALTWcB74N2VphE3PjoDEKeX4wF

As can be seen, the kit is started, but I think I'm safe to say that I'm still under the 25% rule? :)  

y4mGjIb0qKQkm2JaW5V1x6QEkKswy09b4aXDrxQc

Kit comes with really nice looking decal sheet and excellent instruction manual.

y4mYJHnB5k0Oysg9GBCl5IHU4uaqdT3cy-aW2jMD

But I will be using Expert Choice decals - and I will be doing a Massachusetts Air National Guard F-106.

y4mSIhuZG-ZeK6zFPhO3UJWRQYSnacy8KRSLalLz

The PE-set comes with the kit so in addition to the decals, pitot tube is the only thing I've bought extra for this kit. And twice, as it seems! :D So if anyone needs a 1:72 F-106 pitot tube, send me a PM :)

The Six is the only Century Series fighter that I have not built before so this will be interesting :)

• Like 5

Well you're virtually a one man GB aren't you Reini!

The F-106 is a great looking aircraft and your choice of markings for the Massachusetts ANG really help to show off it's great shape.

This looks like a really nice kit and you are well below the 25% rule.

Very interested to see this come together.

🇺🇦

• Like 2

Let's rename the GB 'reini's century builds (plus a few others)'

welcome reini, so many great builds you'll be doing! thanks for the full-on participation and commitment. love it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 31/05/2022 at 10:34, modelling minion said:

Well you're virtually a one man GB aren't you Reini!

The F-106 is a great looking aircraft and your choice of markings for the Massachusetts ANG really help to show off it's great shape.

This looks like a really nice kit and you are well below the 25% rule.

Very interested to see this come together.

🇺🇦

Indeed and there are some cool details such as the diamond pattern inside the speed brake:

042209-F-7310S-004.JPG

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

y4mPGjzZwsiIO9ZqXstyzhLg1HlgTWdd7t7Fiex8

Here we go! :thumbsup: Starting up a 8 hour long pulled pork session...

y4mNyEw401Wwj34fzpRJGd6NJeqPz5NzRC4_-xwO

It's a long wait so one tends to get hungry in between. So first some sausages...

y4myEX83ghQSRyM7zcha6OM9gmxqT9EpFsZfVUaS

Then some egg-soaked toasts with mature cheddar and bacon inside, heavily doused with maple syrup! With a side of carrots roasted directly on the coals and seasoned with cumin and maple syrup. Oh man, this was tasty! Almost felt quilty eating it, it was so good.

y4m6lya09Gaf_6-Pae6kZHxZGUGyqhp1FkcZOuDF

Pulled pork pretty much done. Made sweet and tasty with large amount of Cherry & Cola BBQ sauce.

y4m5FL5Gb1p59nyrTvgH36_ltj8T5CmEvBX9Qlxp

A side of salad and served inside tortillas. Sorry, no pics of the final products, we were feeling the hunger by now :D

Oh, right! I did some plastic models too...

y4miFJ0kCQHCcIMHdioyhYLZx9WwxUhHyTyRCXkd

Cockpit with the base painting done.

y4mn071rRNOFQkU0naFT7RhBn32jNiNC0eoHauYw

After some details& drubrush - and put together.

y4mNXsW-9FFTKZsQTAcZAm6PGPXfMsdES6OgBQbj

Intakes had nasty ejector pin marks, put they came off after a quick sanding. And they are quite deep inside the plane so I wasn't too worried about them.

I'm actually done this build quite a lot more but I can't get my photos to cooperate. I'll try next time with better luck :)

• Like 6

Well if I wasn't hungry before reading this update I most certainly am now! That food looks seriously nice Reini, even the salad!

It looks like your F-106 is making very nice progress too and looks like a very nicely detailed model.

I wonder what culinary delights we are in for with the next update!:eat:

🇺🇦

• Like 1

I'd like to comment on the model stuff but after the culinary shots reini, it was difficult to concentrate on something that wasn't food again. damn i'm hungry now; that was evil and unfair 😂 

• Haha 4

• 7 months later...

The GB has been long over but I'm in the mood for some Century series - so let's continue on one of these that failed to cross the finish line...

spacer.png

Wheel wells done

spacer.png

Masked the nose.

spacer.png

Mask undone.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Decals done :) Despite being bit fragile, these 'Expert's Choice' decals seemed to work pretty well. The tail stripes were bit off (wrong angle and bit too long) as the decals were made for the Hasegawa kit but I will touch them up with a paint brush.

• Like 2

spacer.png

Wash on! I wanted bit more subtle panel lining so I mixed Flory Models Dark Dirt with Gray.

spacer.png

I think it worked out OK. The panel lines are visible but not in your face. These planes seem to be in pristine condition in the pictures so I'm going for bit more cleaner look than I usually go.

spacer.png

All the small stuff. Note the inside of the air brakes.

For all those who want to do a F-106 build, I have to share this awesome treasure trove of a website:

https://www.f-106deltadart.com/piwigo/

It's been awesome for drawing up inspiration and looking up details.

Here's what I have been using for working this build:

https://www.f-106deltadart.com/piwigo/index.php?/category/93

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...