Tropical Cowboy...1/48 North American AT-6D Texan, Força Aérea Brasileira

• Reini78 changed the title to Tropical Cowboy...1/48 North American AT-6D Texan, Força Aérea Brasileira

Hi @Reini78,

I noticed the Monogram T-6 has position lights under the fuselage. Of all the Brazilian T-6 reference photos I have, only one shows those lights and it's for a Fumaça aircraft. You may want to tell your father to fill them.

Brazil built them and, from what I've read, there was a lot of nationalization of parts (i.e. locally built components). The T-6s were a mix of T-6C, D, and G, often with mix and matched parts; though I have seen a picture taken at a North American plant, of Brazilian T-6Gs ready for delivery.

Cheers,
Wlad

• Thanks 1

as already mentioned in the other Monogram/Revell T-6 build thread, the landing light covers don´t fit well

52138946557_1e0d42f2c9_b.jpgDSC_0005 by grimreaper110, auf Flickr

52139988568_9c9d9b8985_b.jpgDSC_0006 by grimreaper110, auf Flickr

only pre-cut mask for the M-R Texan is from Montex

thought it would fit both Monogram canopies, early (with middle strut in the side windows) and late style....found out the mask fits only the late style canopy, so my dad had to mask it with masking tape, inner canopy colour already sprayed on

52140453190_0a4cb44d18_b.jpgDSC_0008 by grimreaper110, auf Flickr

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Celestialsphere said:

Now that's a colourful model!

How did the FCM decals go down?

Cheers Andrew 

decals worked fine and were troublefree,

as you may see on the pics, the little stencil decals do silver very slightly, but that´s the case with other decal manufacturers too

it is mentioned on the FCM website that from 2009 to 2019 their decals were printed by Microscale, since then they are printed in Brasil again