Pampa Cowboy...1/48 North American T-6G Texan, Fuerza Aérea Uruguaya

decals would have been done, but my dad made an oopsie, he put the right side flag on the vertical stabilizer instead of the rudder....so remove the decal, repainting and so on.....luckily there are two sheets with this decal included

52189714856_32b45cb3fe_b.jpgDSC_0001 by grimreaper110, auf Flickr

52189967829_437908a913_b.jpgDSC_0002 by grimreaper110, auf Flickr

• Like 5

As Uruguayan I don't get the "Jungle Cowboy" reference in the title. This is a typical Uruguayan landscape:

spacer.png

Regarding the model itself not much I can add besides saying that the colours look spot on in my experience (mainly with gate guardians); my understanding is that they were locally mixed. I know that it was true at least for helicopters since the group commander told me that himself.

In any case, if you want to get more acquainted with the subject, this is the book to get:

22636340.jpg

I don't have it but the author is known as THE SME (Subject Matter Expert).

• Like 3

• Reini78 changed the title to Pampa Cowboy...1/48 North American T-6G Texan, Fuerza Aérea Uruguaya
2 hours ago, Fukuryu said:

As Uruguayan I don't get the "Jungle Cowboy" reference in the title. This is a typical Uruguayan landscape:

spacer.png

Regarding the model itself not much I can add besides saying that the colours look spot on in my experience (mainly with gate guardians); my understanding is that they were locally mixed. I know that it was true at least for helicopters since the group commander told me that himself.

In any case, if you want to get more acquainted with the subject, this is the book to get:

22636340.jpg

I don't have it but the author is known as THE SME (Subject Matter Expert).

Chose jungle because the camo looks SEA/jungle like. When thinking of South America, jungle comes to mind automatically. Changed it to pampa, more suitable for your landscape 😉

Found some excerpts of this book online with a few pics of 372

• Like 5

decal removed and the two camo colours repainted

52192376196_b6f2b5033b_b.jpgDSC_0005 by grimreaper110, auf Flickr

spinner cap and prop painted

52192391048_6466f82a04_b.jpgDSC_0006 by grimreaper110, auf Flickr

the Monogram/Revell kit includes only wheels with hub covers, therefore took the spoked wheels from the Italeri kit

52192390893_93e979e32b_b.jpgDSC_0007 by grimreaper110, auf Flickr

• Like 4

Whatever the title, Reini, she is coming along beautifully :). I have a second build of FAU AT-33 “207” and F-51D “258” in my plan. The decals are a challenge but I have a huge amount of support from @Ignacio and @Giorgio N. When the Arma Hobby Mustang D-model gets released she will be done :). The T-bird will be a Platz :).

Keep up the good work!

Martin

• Like 1