F-102A Delta Dagger (Case XX Wing)

Ettore

Goodmorning People

I'll enter in this GB with a F-102A Delta Dagger Case XX Wing, 1/72 scale from Meng

I don't know if I'll built a SAE version or al all grey version......Soon Box art and pieces in this topic

Ettore

• Like 4

Good morning
We have finally arrived at the beginning of this GB, as I said a while ago my kit will be an F-102 elta Dagger Case XX, scale 1/72 of Meng; below you can see its new packaging with some sets of details.

spacer.png

I will do it all gray and belonging to the 196th FIS, California 1968

God Job to All.....

Ettore 🇮🇹 🇺🇸  :bye:

• Like 7

Goodmorning

The 1/72 scale Meng kit is a really nice kit, everything fits together well and there seems to be no hitch in the early assembly stages. Unfortunately I have to post some advanced stages because due to my carelessness I deleted the first photos from the camera's SDcard ........ it happens!

First I gave the Off White inside the vents

spacer.png

Later I made the resin  seat  and glued the resin cockpit on the front wheel bay, this one from the box ..... then colored ( here the photos are missing) and finally inserted inside the fuselage. I was surprised how Pavla's cockpit fits perfectly without sanding anything. obviously the resin is not comparable to that of Brassin or CMK and therefore some residue can be seen when enlarging.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Note the first piece of lead glued, a second has been put into the bow radar cone, better be sure !!

And here is the final result

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_it

Opps I forgot !  Even the exhaust was mounted, colored and inserted inside the fuselage.

spacer.png

This afternoon I'll trie to close the fuselage

At next

Ettore  :bye: 🇮🇹 🇺🇸

• Like 7

Hello e everybody
After closing the fuselage I started detailing the landing gear  and the rocket compartment; I think I will not make them extended as many do, but rather allocated in their location but with the doors open, in the meantime I have done a minimum of detail

In this photo you can see how the beautiful delta wing glued to the fuselage completes all the beauty of this aircraft; it was not a walk, some putty was used, some Tamiya, some Ammo acrylic and Mister Surfacer; the trolley and rocket compartments are all interior green.

spacer.png

A detail of the trolley compartment, then I will start washing in this area

At next

Ettore :bye: 🇮🇹 🇺🇸

Edited by Ettore
  • Like 12

That really is very nice work Ettore.👍

I struggle to add extra details in 1/48, never mind 1/72!

You may have needed to use some filler but from the pictures it doesn't seem like you have had to use too much, and I have never built a model yet that doesn't need some.

🇺🇦

• 2 weeks later...

Good afternoon
Back from my short holidays in South Tyrol, I have again approached the F-102. After a coat of medium gray primer, I marbled the upper surfaces with white; the lower one no !

While waiting for the drying, I took the opportunity to do the small details: hatches, air brake, offensive loads and wheels. In making the hatches, I tried a new color of the AK, the RC 221 ADC Gray FS 16473, a very nice gray and slightly tending to light blue, you will see it soon, tomorrow I airbrush the  kit.

Ettore :bye:

• Like 8

Your work is always a pleasure to watch. 

I'm interested to learn more about the two types of AIM-4 missiles. Is the one type entirely in red, or have you simply not finished painting? 

I like how they look all red

Thanks to All

A great vacation, Minion! I was in the Italian Tyrol and to be exact in Merano, a city that bases everything on its Hapsburg past, beautiful and very civilized people, the impression I had is that of total happiness. I visited the same castles and a bird of prey training center again; let's not talk about the excellent wine I brought home and the delicious hay grappa .......... but these are other things 😄

We come to armaments; this aircraft could carry different types of Falcon Hughes, from 4A to 4G (the latter I'm not very sure). The main difference was that some were radar search and others infrared search, the difference was the missile head, many were red / white and others only red, but I don't know the exact technical difference. The plane could take them both and if you see the historical photos ............. they are like that.

Maybe someone more experienced can explain to us ...

Ettore :bye:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/24/2022 at 3:58 AM, Ettore said:

A great vacation, Minion! I was in the Italian Tyrol and to be exact in Merano, a city that bases everything on its Hapsburg past, beautiful and very civilized people, the impression I had is that of total happiness. I visited the same castles and a bird of prey training center again; let's not talk about the excellent wine I brought home and the delicious hay grappa .......... but these are other things 😄

Sounds like a great vacation, a mix of history, great food and drink and nature too, perfect.👍

🇺🇦

Good morning to All

I completed the coloring, but I'm not very fulfilled of the photos result, it will probably be the blue background; despite having well calibrated the white of the digital camera, the ADC Gray came to me too light gray, while on the kit it tends to a light blue gray, the colole I used is the RC 221 from AK.
Next time I'll use a white background ....

Of course this color will be well polished to make the plane look as it was in reality

I have to better review the canopy and touch up a little bit between black and gray

With extreme patience I airbrushed the wing fences ( is this the right term?) in red  color

The exhaust

Some others photos at this link http://www.modellismopiu.net/m+gallerie/main.php?g2_itemId=1471445&g2_page=2&g2_navId=xa37551f6

Now I stop this work for a week, little pause for reflection to continue a Russian helicopter in 1/48 scale and which is long enough to build...😓

Ettore :bye: 🇮🇹 🇺🇸

Edited by Ettore
  • Like 6

Goodmorning

I resume after a few days off, in my way of modeling I dedicate 4 days to a kit, two days to fishing or other hobbies and then I resume working on the kit ..... so I have time to reflect and better approach the rest of the work .

It seems well established that the finish on this aircraft was glossy, but how glossy? In all the photos I saw these aircraft looked semi-glossy, but finally on some color photos (but also in w / b) I noticed that the details of the wing reflected very well on the fuselage, I have not found the reverse situation (the fuselage reflected on the wing) ..... but that's okay!

So I gave a first light coat of Future for the decals, I obviously masked the trolley compartment and the rocket compartment

A day off .......... and then I applied the decals

unfortunately in handling it two rocket mounts came off, never mind.....The next step will be a light medium gray paneling and then the final polishing ........

Ettore :bye: 🇮🇹  🇺🇸

Edited by Ettore
  • Like 5