Meteorology- names from the weather surprisingly it’s a really big list!! In the bunfight!!!!!

Marklo

• Marklo changed the title to Meteorology- names from the weather surprisingly it’s a really big list!! At 24 and counting.
  • Marklo changed the title to Meteorology- names from the weather surprisingly it’s a really big list!! At 25 and counting.

how strange..... I've just found this GB proposal not long after winning my club raffle and choosing a 1/24th P-47D Thunderbolt as the prize (there were a few models to choose from inc a 1/32nd Whirlwind).

Guess now I'll have to sign up for this GB!! :D

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

how strange..... I've just found this GB proposal not long after winning my club raffle and choosing a 1/24th P-47D Thunderbolt as the prize (there were a few models to choose from inc a 1/32nd Whirlwind).

You should go and investigate anti chaos theory apparently the universe isn’t as random as it seems. Personally I find that bad things happen to me in the eighteenth of the month or two weeks after Rammstein release a new album and good things are usually associated with seeing one magpie or the number thirteen :) 

• Haha 1

• Marklo changed the title to Meteorology- names from the weather surprisingly it’s a really big list!! At 26 and counting.
4 hours ago, trickyrich said:

Guess now I'll have to sign up for this GB!! :D

Razor or Bubble ? Besides the Airfix Cardoor Tiffy I want the Bubble top Jug in that scale. 

• Like 1

I've always preferred the bubble  top Jug, in fact  l'm building a nice vintage revel one as part of that GB, still dithering on the colour scheme, imleNing towards a nice all black RAF trainer but still not sure if I should do a blue and gray American with invasion stripes or a Pacific theater RAF machine in grey and green, HP hum... 

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Razor or Bubble ? Besides the Airfix Cardoor Tiffy I want the Bubble top Jug in that scale. 

A "Bubble-top" top one. I think Markio is talking about the SEAC scheme, that's what I'll do mine in....NMF is just way too scary to try, especially in this scale!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Marklo changed the title to Meteorology- names from the weather surprisingly it’s a really big list!! At 27 and counting.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Marklo changed the title to Meteorology- names from the weather surprisingly it’s a really big list!! At 28 a mere gust of wind away from the bunfight.
  • Marklo changed the title to Meteorology- names from the weather surprisingly it’s a really big list!! At 29 a mere gust of wind away from the bunfight.

Interesting idea and sounds like fun, please add my name to the list.

However, I have no idea what I would build so I will have to start searching around for something interesting.

cheers, Graham

• Thanks 1

• Marklo changed the title to Meteorology- names from the weather surprisingly it’s a really big list!! And we have 30!!!!!
2 hours ago, ColonelKrypton said:

However, I have no idea what I would build so I will have to start searching around for something interesting.

If you look through the thread we have a very long list including cars, ships and planes. 

1 hour ago, Marklo said:

If you look through the thread we have a very long list including cars, ships and planes. 

But so far no AFV's or rockets or spaceships or ... 

There is the flakpaner IV Wirbelwind but I am not much of a fan of German armour.

I see I have my task cut out - look under rocks and brush and see what I can find, there must be something unusual and interesting to be found.

cheers, Graham

From Babylon 5 the SA-23J Thunderbolt

There is an Australian Thunderbolt tank. 

Id also accept a British Comet Tank.

Will keep searching :) 

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Marklo said:

Kugel Blitz

Flakpanzer IV Kugelblitz - Ball lightning.   According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kugelblitz  a pilot run of five units were made.

Blitz ( lightning ) opens up some more interesting venues.

How about Opel Blitz https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opel_Blitz  - quote " Opel Blitz (Blitz being German for "lightning") was the name given to various light and middle-weight trucks built by the German Opel automobile manufacturer between 1930 and 1975."

Some interesting vehicles in that lot.  The possibilities are starting surface.

cheers, Graham

• Like 1