Gold-Member?

I have a question about Gold Member.

What is it, do you reach it when you have written 100,000 posts? 

I have searched the forum but have not found anything. 

I hope I did not ask a stupid question🙄

You become a Gold Member by donating to the upkeep of the site. There is a PayPal donate button top right under the Search facility.

If you add your emails address, Mike will make you up to Gold status.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mjwomack said:

It's not all about the gold bar! You get extra technical wattnottery so that you can post messages in quick succession without a pause

Nah…

It’s all about the gold bar!

$$$ 💰🤑🤑💶💴💵💵💵💲💲💲

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

I tried downloading mine so I could spend it.   -   Doesn't work. 😥   Oh, well  .   .   .

Financial regulators keep warning that these cyber currencies are high risk. Unlike the size of a stash which can only increase, at least in volume if not value t

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 5/31/2022 at 12:53 PM, Mjwomack said:

these cyber currencies are high risk.

They shouldn't find out I invest in styrene and Britmodeller's Goldbars. Bitcoins is so 2015... 🪙

• Haha 3

If you ignore the minor upgrades that I can sometimes remember, not always, the Gold Brick is a symbol that you care about the site's continued existence and that you value the time you have here.  Why's that?  Because the site costs a large quantity of cash each month, so the donations are there to keep it going. :)

The practical side of things is as I remember:

• The Gold Brick under your avatar (you can choose not to have that if you're shy)
  • Additional PM storage over and above the basic number
  • As you're a known individual by that stage, we're happy to switch off the anti-flood controls for you because you're a human.  If you spam us half to death though, we'll be having words :fight:
  • If I've missed any, there's a thread knocking about somewhere in the Announcements section.  Go have a look ;)

One thing that it does NOT entitle you to is special treatment.  If you're expecting that, you'd better not donate, as we don't do that sort of thing.  A Gold Member that behaves like a buffoon still gets treated like a buffoon :yes:

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Mike said:

If you spam us half to death though, we'll be having words

On 30/05/2022 at 17:38, Mjwomack said:

It's not all about the gold bar! You get extra technical wattnottery so that you can post messages in quick succession without a pause

Useful if you want to quickly skim the RFI section :D I try to do a page a night on the latest builds as for some members, posting builds is a significant step in their confidence (says the guy yet to do an RFI...) 

• Haha 2

Gold-Member

Why does my mind always go to weird, kinky places when I read things like this?

Maybe I should seek help.

Chris

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, dogsbody said:

Why does my mind always go to weird, kinky places when I read things like this?

it's simple Chris.  You're a deviant :tease:

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, dogsbody said:

Maybe I should seek help.

Chris

I don't know for you @dogsbody. It doesn't help in my case.

My psychologist says she understands me very well as I'm of her father's generation. I wonder why she keeps telling me that?

She is also quite concerned by the fact I'm drooling the more and get heavier spasms at each session.

I already told her I don't want another therapist. Poor girl, I don't want her to doubt her professional ability, she's just a 32 years old attractive person after all, But I won't tell her why I won't change,

Is it serious doctor?

PS this is all joking, I don't drool nor have the shakes,  What's true is that the young lady is nice but first of all she's a very good professional who helped me feel better more than once in hard times. I'm very grateful to her.

• Like 1

Contributing a bit to keep this place the peaceful, advert free, nice to be a part of sort of Forum is well worth doing. The alternative is not good at all.

There's an American Car Model Forum I look in on now and then. It's absolutely covered with adverts and pop ups though. Big adverts at the top of every page, Pop ups all over the place and even whole page adverts just dumping themselves on you at random. Adverts even crop up as click bait titles for new postings. The modelling side of the Forum is good, but it's not a nice place to visit. Britmodeller is an Oasis of Calm in comparison. Let's keep it that way.

There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Tony.

• Like 8

• 2 months later...

I'd really like to donate as I'm getting so much from the forum but I don't do PayPal and am not likely to start now.  If someone could PM me with bank account details I'd be happy to do a transfer straight in, or am open to any other suggestions.  As an ex IT consultant (40+ years before I hung up my mouse and retired) I'm only too aware of the time and effort needed to maintain a site like this and would like to contribute if at all possible.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Neddy said:

I'd really like to donate as I'm getting so much from the forum but I don't do PayPal and am not likely to start now.  If someone could PM me with bank account details I'd be happy to do a transfer straight in, or am open to any other suggestions.  As an ex IT consultant (40+ years before I hung up my mouse and retired) I'm only too aware of the time and effort needed to maintain a site like this and would like to contribute if at all possible.

Firstly, thanks for the thought :yes:

I believe that it's possible to donate from the home page (that boring one here that needs nuking) and use your debit or credit card without having a PayPal account.  I've never tested it myself, but others tell me it's possible :)

Noted and done, thanks.  It seems to work fine.  Now I know I'll repeat when I can.  Do I need to notify you separately of my email address or is it picked up from the transaction entry?

Edited by Neddy

5 minutes ago, Neddy said:

Noted and done, thanks.  It seems to work fine.  Now I know I'll repeat when I can.  Do I need to notify you separately of my email address or is it picked up from the transaction entry?

Thanks for your support :yes: I've got an email that's arrived just a few seconds ago, but I'd have difficulty proving it's you otherwise.  The email address you gave doesn't match your join-up email, so maybe you need to look into that in case you need to log back in later on.  Drop me a PM with your name, and I'll Gold you up, and check your profile so you know the actual email address you used, and you can change it if you want to :)

On 01/06/2022 at 14:56, Mike said:

One thing that it does NOT entitle you to is special treatment.  If you're expecting that, you'd better not donate, as we don't do that sort of thing.  A Gold Member that behaves like a buffoon still gets treated like a buffoon :yes:

But what if I donated a lot?

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Adam Poultney said:

But what if I donated a lot?

Ummmm.... we'd give you the biggest thank you in the history of Britmodeller, plus a hug and a cuddle? :shrug:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Thanks for your support :yes: I've got an email that's arrived just a few seconds ago, but I'd have difficulty proving it's you otherwise.  The email address you gave doesn't match your join-up email, so maybe you need to look into that in case you need to log back in later on.  Drop me a PM with your name, and I'll Gold you up, and check your profile so you know the actual email address you used, and you can change it if you want to :)

Done.  Sorry for the confusion.  :blush:

• Like 1