I'd like to show this build as it pertains to the subject matter; a build I did some years ago that I consider my opus magnum (save the monetary constraints put upon me by the client).  \I'll only do this with some backing by the group but I thought as the GB is winding down I'd like to share. It's a 1/6 M7 Priest.

spacer.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Resin 105

spacer.png

Resin lights/driver's front hatch. I hinged the hatch. Light platforms cut from plexi and guards made from brass strip. The machine gun copula has been added

spacer.png

some paint and upper, hinged armor panels added.

spacer.png

I scratch built 1 hinge and made resin copies, The latches are made with plastic and hanger wire as used for the side handels/steps

spacer.png

• Like 4

I dont understand why you think this doesn't qualify for the gallery ? It was basically un-started when you posted the thread. It was just the main components in a solid mold. @PlaStix I think if it gets finished it can be in the gallery, whats your thoughts or opinions ? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I dont understand why you think this doesn't qualify for the gallery ? It was basically un-started when you posted the thread. It was just the main components in a solid mold. @PlaStix I think if it gets finished it can be in the gallery, whats your thoughts or opinions ? 

Because I built it about 7 years ago?

Now it was time to hea to the hardware store for some for-sale sighs-a cheap source of sheet plastic. I used them for the spare track racks, storage boxes, ammo racks, various tool retainers/vents and rear interior bulkhead.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

For tie downs I sourced doll house window handles...perfect :)

spacer.png

• Like 3

On 13/06/2022 at 18:45, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I agree with Dennis. I have no problem with this going in the Gallery. Interesting looking project.

Kind regards,

Stix

The gerrycans were 1/6 pieces. There were quite a few included from the customer including .50 cal and belt, ammo rounds and canisters along with various packs/stowage..

The racks were made with plexi bases and sale sign straps.

spacer.png

Foe the wire stowage racks I sourced a couple of wire "in boxes" from an office supply outlet and cut the pieces to size.

spacer.png

On the interior the driver's seat and instrument panel were resin as were the round seats in the back, I had only to fabricate the seat mounts from wire. The panel on the rear bulkhead was fabricated from plastic sheet (for sale signs) but I see I didn't get a good photo of that. Here you can see the ammo racks complete. The gun shields, storage rack under the pulpit and rifle racks were also made from sheet. The wheels for the gun are toy car steering wheels modified a bit...

spacer.png

Then I painted and weathered as if it were a normal sized kit and cut masks for the stars.

spacer.png

Added the customer supplied accessories and viola...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3