Dagger of the Mind's Eye. F-102A Case X wing(No Not THAT kinda X Wing, Silly Duffer)

10 hours ago, modelling minion said:

She really does look very nice indeed, thats a striking colour scheme and I really like the Tiger's head on the tail.

You are far from the first modeller to have fallen foul of the case x/xx wing and it won't stop the end result from looking stunning.

🇺🇦

Thanks Craig, The Tiger head is what caught my eye when I was looking for ne deals for the -102. Had it not been for your comment on the  tail numbers between the X and XX I probably would have even noticed the XX comment in the Decals. I just didn't catch it in time. c'est la guerre:doh:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dansk said:

well done, this has flown together very fast and it looks great.

the extended rocket rails might just be the coolest thing ever on an aircraft.

Thanks, looks even meaner when the ordinance is added:fight:

• Like 1

52138970604_281c50eefc_c.jpg

52138970614_6b49a6f3df_c.jpg

52139219550_d2a2269b71_c.jpg

52139219610_880883b98a_c.jpg

52139219570_b4cbfe6e42_c.jpg

52138755698_fb9a0943d4_c.jpg

And there you have my 1st entry into this little GB. It definitely finished out better than when I did it so many years ago.

Thanks for following along and for all the great comments. I'll be posting in the -102 Gallery shortly. One build down and 5 more to go(I hope). I have another build to finish on another GB before I start on another Century Series build, but that shouldn't take no time at all to finish so I can get back here. So in the fullness of time expect me when you see me,. Until then Stay Safe, Stay Healthy, and definitely MODEL ON!:pilot:

As a Post Script I forgot to add once the decals had set and dried over night I gave everything a coat of MM Semi-Matte varnish

• Like 6

Absolutely superb work.

You really have set the bar very high for the rest of us who are following along behind, building a Monogram Deuce inside of a week and to such a high standard is going to be a hard act to follow. I hope you get the project in the other GB finished soon as I am very much looking forward to the rest of your build proposals for this GB,

So a big thank you for your first build, which happens to be the first completed build of the GB, and very well done.

🇺🇦

Thanks Craig. It has an issue or two, but on the whole it did come out a whole lot better than I expected. I should have my other build finished in the next day or so.  Then it'll be on the that Voodoo that I seem to do well of late:hmmm:. Which means gee....  I suppose off to do a 1/48 F-101 (Monogram naturally):yahoo:Not to worry like Arnold, "I'll be Back"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...