Tornado 25 years on, finished

9-B410-FC8-9-F74-4-BC9-829-A-0-A5-FE8-C8This is the kit, almost a shame not to use the kit scheme, but tbh I almost always prefer to model something a little different.

B300-EA46-8-E49-45-A0-BE58-8-A80-E1-C23-And here is its provenance; a photo with the Queen kindly suggested by @Enzo Matrix

I don’t do that many modern subjects and even less in 1/72 so it’ll be a nice change from my usual fare.

I’m looking at that decal sheet and have decided it’s a total waste not to use it.

62-A4-C631-A8-A0-4-FDF-8-AAA-F379903695-

So instead I’ll be building this in the 25 years scheme. Trust me you won’t even notice the difference after a while :) 

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 5

• Marklo changed the title to Revell Tornado 25 years on
  • Marklo changed the title to Tornado 25 years on, slight change of plan
3 hours ago, Black Knight said:

You are going to a build a Tornado GR4 with the Black tail scheme? yes?

Well that’s still the plan, it’s just that it’ll now be in 1/144 Based on the DML kit rather than 1/72 with the Revell one, simples ehhh….

ED5-B0011-EF46-4-EAC-952-F-BB3-C7-F3-FA7

A bit of assembly 

3F2F4365-8E91-4447-83C1-9D1F549D65E9.jpgPlans scaled to 1/144 and a bit of woodwork started, you know what’s coming next.

The radome is shorter and broader on the GR4 vs the F3 so I pronlybneed that but I’m going to make the buck for the whole forward section of the fuselage just in case.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Black Knight said:

How are you getting on with this?

1 month has gone already!

Yes tempus fugit and all that. Ti's in the queue, I need to mold a canopy for my Do 17, probsbly tomorrow so I may mold the new nose for the tonka as well. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Black Knight said:

Could you not just carve one nose shape, filler it with car body fillers and be done?

Yes, but my plastic parts aren’t too far away from the right shape.  And there are dozens of ways I could have approached it.

This one is about fourth in the queue at the moment, once my Dornier is done and my two Japanese entries, it will fly along.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This and the F100 are now next in line. Hopefully it’ll be ready for paint soon.

On a semi related note I’ve learned how to play God save the Queen on guitar this week. I’ll let you guess which one :) 

Edited by Marklo

• 5 weeks later...