HMS Cornwall (56) lower hull color at time of sinking

BuNo02100

Who says procrastination doesn’t pay?  Having wanted to start on a collection of Royal Navy cruisers, it seems that by waiting I may have dodged a bullet regarding the lower hull color.  There has been some outstanding research using primary source material posted for several other Royal Navy ships but if anything regarding Cornwall has been posted I have overlooked it.  Is there any info or educated guesses out there regarding Cornwall’s lower hull color?  If I hadn’t browsed through the various threads I would have already sprayed some form of hull red on her!  Thanks in advance for any assistance.

BW

• Like 1

As it is me doing the research I can confirm that I have posted nothing anywhere regarding Cornwall's bottom. So far I have found no information re Cornwall.  I will not be completing my research into the Counties until late September.  

• Like 3

I was hoping you would you would chime in.  The info you have provided so far 

is one of those turning points  for scale modelers, and not just some esoteric one off weapons load, but something major.  Thanks for sharing with us amateurs, it’s greatly appreciated.

BW

• Like 2