Pre-wired distributors - who knew?

Neddy

Having just learned of the existence of these life-savers, has anyone a clue as to where I could get them in the UK?  I can just about handle distributor wiring in 1/16th scale but 1/25th?  forget it! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Neddy said:

Having just learned of the existence of these life-savers, has anyone a clue as to where I could get them in the UK?  I can just about handle distributor wiring in 1/16th scale but 1/25th?  forget it! 

I do it in 1/43! Just done a 12-wire 911 RSR dizzy and only broke four 0.3-mm drills.

• Like 4

I have no doubt you do, but I'm struggling with 70-year old eyes, less than 20/20 vision and a steadiness of hand to match.  I know my limitations!  :shrug:

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

13 hours ago, Neddy said:

I have no doubt you do, but I'm struggling with 70-year old eyes, less than 20/20 vision and a steadiness of hand to match.  I know my limitations!  :shrug:

I know the feeling - and I'm only 65! :)

I don't even bother detailing engines any more let alone drilling out distributor caps!

Not in the UK I know, but have you tried Spotmodel - used them many a time without any problem.

Keith

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Keith, for both the comforting words and the tip!  I haven't come across Spotmodel before but it looks like a goldmine - I don't think my wallet will thank you though...

Sadly I can't locate pre-wired distributors there but I'll keep hunting.

• Like 1

Many thanks Marco.  Whilst they aren't pre-wired they could do the job and that's another site that may have an adverse effect on my bank balance if I persist with 1/25th scale. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1