Esci 1/48 F100 in French colours - Finished

Marklo

1 hour ago, modelling minion said:

you have had to do fair bit of sanding

Yes still in progress. But I find that kind of thing therapeutic. It’s the rescribe ( which is next) that I’m not looking forward to :)  And I also have a P47, a B58 and two F5s to do….

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Looks good to me, a nice weathered finish.

Yes I’m pleased I didn’t loose the preshade and in the photos the French sabres look quite scruffy.

Looking at the area under the nose I’m starting to think I might paint the shark mouth rather than print a decal for it, hmmm……

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

357-C5-A5-D-06-AF-4-D30-A2-A3-C303127-D3All masked up for the white. I’ll mask that, complete the camo then come back with the red and black. I definitely don’t think homeprinted decals would have worked well given the topography of the area.

• Like 2

F59-DE44-F-8947-4258-957-B-9934-A4-C444-White on. I’m now wondering if I should mask this off and leave it till after the camo or mask it off and spray the red then the camo and finish off with the black outline, hmm the latter might be easier.

• Like 1

A13-ACB60-4-D6-F-4047-B083-FC695-C265957
Sharkmouth printed on plain paper double sided sticky taped to kabuki tape , alignment marks added (as an afterthought) with a sharpie and carefully cut out with a new blade.

75-C7-D5-E8-5-FA9-455-F-9835-AA832441-A0

A coat of Tamiya flat red.

975-D103-F-FDD4-4-C76-9-FFC-36-FF8899-A7

And wonder of wonders the first ten minute job of the week that actually took ten minutes and worked. Very pleased with the result. I’ll mask it over and come back for the black outline once the camo is done. Now I’m wondering if I should spray the outlines for the eyes, hmmm. :) 

• Like 7

13 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Well I think that shark mouth has turned out very well indeed,👍

Given the three steps forward two steps backwards sort of day I had yesterday it was nice when one task exceeded expectations :) 

• Like 1