Esci 1/48 F100 in French colours - Finished

Marklo

On 8/31/2022 at 7:53 PM, Dansk said:

decals never look as close to paint as paint does 👍

This is true, and now that I have my fancy circle cutter I will never use a decal for a roundel ever again :) 

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

On 8/27/2022 at 5:25 AM, Marklo said:

Since I got my fancy new Dspiae circle cutter

I have a handful of ways to cut circles but when it comes to cutting delicate delicate circle masks for markings and painting wheels I don't know how I managed before I got my Dspiae circle cutter - a bit pricey but top notch bit of kit. 

You can find extra blades that work in the Dspiae cutter. I posted something on the subject almost a year ago:

cheers, Graham

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, ColonelKrypton said:

wheels I don't know how I managed before I got my Dspiae circle cutter

I can’t but agree, I got mine for €38 including the postage, since I got it I’ve used it on two projects, if I were to have bought the mask sets instead that would have been at least €15 so at that rate it will pay for itself before too long.

• Like 2

C1-D729-C4-9-BFA-47-DA-AFBA-4-DC46686620Tan sort of done. A very frustrating airbrush sessions couldn’t get any of my three functional airbrush’s spraying properly so abandoned work and put all three in to soak overnight in windolene I’ll strip them down and clean them thoroughly tomorrow then go again.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

whether by design or accident it looks good to me

Definitely accident. Now I must admit the French airframes look very scruffy in most of the photos so I may well run with it but the B58 and the F5A need to be a bit cleaner.

8-F2-F6-E97-A02-C-4-FFB-9054-77-F2805-B3

I have now watched many airbrush troubleshooting videos and will hopefully be up and running again soon. :) 

I wouldn’t mind but my iwata worked flawlessly over the blitzbuild weekend. Maybe it’s the weather :) 

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, arfa1983 said:

Oh you gotta be stoked about that! 

Yes but it gets better still :) 

B280-EA03-668-D-4-E3-B-9-E5-D-44-F52-FDB
Some very careful hand painting round the shark mouth and some homemade decal eyes later. The main canopy is only dry fitted.

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

looks like you should make the gallery in time.

Ages to go till the 25th, Which strangely is international Sight Hound day and I own a Lurcher so no modelling will be done then.

I’m hoping to complete the F100 either Thursday Or Friday along with a few others.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

E9727156-72-F5-4-B12-8-E4-E-9-FB110-A3-E

AAE48-F41-EBB6-4-FA5-929-B-D1-C3056-A43-Tailpipe painted flaps and most of the gear doors added and the whole thing weathered a bit, some sanding, some dry brushed black, some AK streaking grime looks nicely scruffy. Not a lot left to do, wheels, the pitot tube, a few decals and a bit of work in the cockpit.

• Like 2

CEE55261-33-EE-47-B8-BE2-B-90-FD076-FAC1As finished as I’m ever going to get it. Oddly pleased with the scruffy look. The carpet monster got the pitot but in fairness the replacement made from .3mm .8mm and 1mm brass and styrene respectively is much better than the kit part. Hectic weekend ahead will probably not get to post proper pics till next week.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 3