1/72 Eduard Spitfire MkVIII 452 SQN RAAF

Hello all,

Here is a RAAF Spitfire Mk VIII that I finished a few weeks ago and thought I better get some pictures before it gets too dusty. This is an Eduard 1/72 Profipack using one of the many schemes from the Aussie 8 box set. This is particular scheme shows a Spitfire from 452SQN RAAF flown by FLGOFF Jack King from Tarakan, Borneo on the night of 23/24 July 1945 in which he shot down a "Helen". This was the last kill by a RAAF Spitfire in the Pacific. 

Paints used are SMS Foliage Green and RAAF Sky Blue which went down a treat.

Thanks for looking.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 38
  • Haha 1

Love the Spitfire! Excellent work; those Eduard kits are great to assemble and you get quite an array of spare parts at the end (made me wonder if I'd built it properly!😂)! Lovely job on the Spitfire!👍

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Markh-75 said:

Love the Spitfire! Excellent work; those Eduard kits are great to assemble and you get quite an array of spare parts at the end (made me wonder if I'd built it properly!😂)! Lovely job on the Spitfire!👍

Thanks Markh. After building the Eduard Quattro, this Profipack and my 2 Aussie 8s yet to come, I should have enough parts left over for a Spitfire Mk IXVIIIVEC. I also have an FW190 fuselage left over too 🤔

Edited by Jay Gee
Fat fingers.
  • Like 1

On 29/05/2022 at 07:30, Jay Gee said:

Hello all,

Here is a RAAF Spitfire Mk VIII that I finished a few weeks ago and thought I better get some pictures before it gets too dusty. This is an Eduard 1/72 Profipack using one of the many schemes from the Aussie 8 box set. This is particular scheme shows a Spitfire from 452SQN RAAF flown by FLGOFF Jack King from Tarakan, Borneo on the night of 23/24 July 1945 in which he shot down a "Helen". This was the last kill by a RAAF Spitfire in the Pacific. 

Paints used are SMS Foliage Green and RAAF Sky Blue which went down a treat.

Thanks for looking.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Nice, well done

Alain