123rd F.I.S. Oregon Air National Guard mid 1970’s

10 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Glad that you had a spare set of decals Dennis, and the Oregon ANG markings do look nice.

One point mate, I think you have the national marking on the port upper wing the wrong way around.

🇺🇦

Doh … :rage:

Thanks Craig I’ll need to go through spares now though and see If I have anything the right size ? Of course this will mean a strip and repaint of the whole upper wing now. Being as these are now melted into the paint using Microsol. Not sure how I didn't catch this as they looked right in my minds eye ? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, arfa1983 said:

Really? I would have thought a light sand then put new decal on top? 

Not with Microsol it etch’s into and becomes part of the paint underneath in my experience. 

15 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Sorry to have been the bearer of bad news mate.

I have been there myself and not seen things that I have either missed or got wrong until someone else points them out.

🇺🇦

Its not my first time at the rodeo and It just reminds you that we need to pay more attention as modeler’s. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 2

Dangerous looking at this thread. I love the Voodoo and this build looks so good it had me thinking, can I find one of these. And it just so happens there’s one available locally  up for auction on a certain auction website… :hmmm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Wings unlevel said:

Dangerous looking at this thread. I love the Voodoo and this build looks so good it had me thinking, can I find one of these. And it just so happens there’s one available locally  up for auction on a certain auction website… :hmmm:

The Voodoo is one of those jets that look like they're going super fast sitting still. 

• Like 2

Good morning everyone … Well shes on her gear and there are only little bits left now. Droptanks need paint, the burner cans need to be polished and painted, and the baggage pod needs to be sorted. L7qxD2k.jpg

gWX4IDv.jpg

q4m7Rnc.jpg

2xCqh9i.jpg

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 7

Hello everyone … Spent the afternoon painting the few remaining parts. The burner cans are done with a minor re-scribe along some of the lines and they're press fit in for the photo’s. KyfY8fZ.jpg

1a0q7SW.jpg

UxVt3ly.jpg

so4V3EA.jpg

KoxwS8c.jpg

5ENkMWJ.jpg

I think they look good, Voodoo J-57 cans always seemed to have a brownish tone  besides the heat staining. Please feel free to ask questions, post comments or thought. 

Dennis

• Like 6

Good morning everyone … Almost done now just needs a smidge of weathering around the exhaust and vents then I can be happy. I did only add the starboard tank. The reasons for this is from something I read and several photo’s Ive seen. It seems that the drag from the second tank negated the advantage of the fuel and range. I cant remember if the testing was in the late 60’s or early 70’s. rQBqNxO.jpg

hWTTISs.jpg

iDxLIGQ.jpg

Please feel free to ask questions, post comments or add thoughts. 

Dennis

• Like 5

Very nice Dennis. Attractive subject. Must be a decent size kit for 1/72. Looks 1/48. I note the pile of props and spinners in your photos. I thought I must of missed a prop's only GB. 

Ray

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ray_W said:

Very nice Dennis. Attractive subject. Must be a decent size kit for 1/72. Looks 1/48. I note the pile of props and spinners in your photos. I thought I must of missed a prop's only GB. 

Ray

Thanks Ray .. No not missed anything I have 10 Prop driven aircraft mostly done on all but the Spitfire Mk.XII. Other than the XII there are 5 P-51’s, 3 Mk.V Spitfires, and one Brewster Buffalo. Add to that a Mitsubishi F-2A, Mk.IV CF.100, and an F-20. I still need to start an F-15C and an F-84F in 1/48 for the Revellogram group build. 

16 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Another great result my friend.

I know that this one has fought you all the way but the end result is definitely worth all the effort you have put into it.

Thanks for having brought it to the GB and very well done on the result mate.

🇺🇦

2 minutes ago, Jb65rams said:

Nice looking Voodoo.

It think the Revell Voodoo is a really nice kit.

Thank you both, the only part that really got me sad was the landing gear/gear door assemblies. I think they're over complicated and extremely fragile in the nose gears design. That being said I do have a 2nd one slated for the Canadian A.F. EF-101 that is all black. Im just waiting on the sensors/antennas to get made via 3D printing. If I ever find another I will do a Maineiacs ANG bird as I do love the colorscheme. 

• Like 3