ESCI 1/72 F-100D Super Sabre (Danish Air Force)

Good evening mates,

I'll join this GB with one of oldies which probably most of us liked to see during 80s - ESCI 1/72 F-100D Super Sabre.

Most interesting choice from the kit was the Danish G-279 F-100D.

On all of the photos this example seem to be freshly painted into glossy Olive Drab, and that should represent later painting scheme when they replaced old not so durable paints with those glossy shades.

But somehow I would like to paint it in a typical Danish heavily weathered manner, so I have to apologize in advance for making not so historically accurate example.

f-100d-danish-001.jpg

Here are aftermarket sets I plan to use

f-100d-danish-002.jpg

Cheers,

S.

• Like 7

Welcome to the GB, and with a classic kit of a classic aircraft.

The ESCI 1/72 F-100D was the best F-100 in any scale when it was released and still looks good today. I built a few of these in my youth and loved them.

Nice choice of scheme too, the F-100 carried some nice marking in it's service with Denmark and the very weathered early green ones look great. I know you are doing a later more glossy one which you intend to weather which whilst they did not weather to the same extent as the earlier green ones they did still weather in service.

Very much looking forward to seeing what you can do with this classic.

🇺🇦

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/28/2022 at 6:45 PM, Dansk said:

Nice to see a Danish one in the mix. There’s a lot of 1/72 in this GB. Weather it how you see fit and enjoy 👍

Get the Dirty Danes set :) @srkirad

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Get the Dirty Danes set :) @srkirad

Yeah, I know about this set, but I'm not quite yet sure whether I would make other birds from that set - F-104 I plan to do as Italian or German and Japanese, Saab 35 will be probably Austrian, while Hunter is not in my posession, and I don't have such a desire to have it (for now at least).

But thanks for the proposal for sure, I appreciate it! 

Cheers,

S.

• Like 1