JB#1. Texas Voodoo

Been looking forward to this one. This is the first of three planned builds, the others being an F-100D have and a F-104A. Might be a tad ambitious with the Revell-Monogram, Canadian and F-5 GBs all starting shortly.

These builds will add to my growing collection US Air Defence Command subjects from this most interesting period of aviation. 

Built the F-102A and F-106A in the Interceptors GB last year. They joined a F-82, F-86D, F-93. Still too add an F-89.

First up I will be building Revell’s F-101B Voodoo, will be using the kit decals to produce a aircraft operated by the Texas Air National Guard. This looks like a really nice kit.

F-101B Voodoo

F-101B Voodoo

Edited by Jb65rams
Title updated.
  • Like 6

• Jb65rams changed the title to JB#1. Texas Voodoo

Started by tidying the workbench in preparation.

F-101B Voodoo

Transferred the Voodoo parts from Revells end open box to something more user friendly.

F-101B Voodoo

And with England doing there best to lose the Cricket, made a start on a few sub assemblies. The instructions have you assembling the nose wheel and bay first, not convinced it will survive construction unscathed.

F-101B Voodoo

• Like 4

Nice to see you off to a good start with this one.

Don't blame you transferring the parts from the Revell box to something better, I really wish they would move away from them as they are useless and flimsy and offer virtually no protection to the kit parts.

🇺🇦

Made some progress today, fuselage halves joined and cockpit tub installed. Instructions have you install this from underneath after the fuselage halves have been join. I found this a bit of a faff, knocked both the instrument panels off doing this.

F-101B Voodoo

Wings attached, joins nicely, might just need a smidge of filler.

F-101B Voodoo

Finally for this day I installed the rotating weapons bay. Bit of a tight fit and doesn’t rotate smoothly. Tempted to fix it in position, will make painting easier, with the Falcons missiles showing as they are the more colourful of the options.

F-101B Voodoo

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been plodding away with the decals.

F-101B Voodoo

Followed by some light weathering and a light coat of satin varnish, I am calling this finished. Technically still need to add the cockpit seals but can’t find my sheet of thin decal stripes. Will look to order some.

F-101B Voodoo

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...