1/48 - Chengdu J-10C Vigorous Dragon by Trumpeter - released

Homebee

After the J-10/A/B/S and AY, Trumpeter is reported working on a 1/48th Chengdu J-10C Vigorous Dragon kit - ref. 05826

Source: https://www.modellbau-koenig.de/Flugzeuge/Flugzeuge-1-48/Moderne-Flugzeuge-ab-1945-1-48/sonstige-Flugzeuge-ab-1945-1-48/PLAAF-J-10C-Vigorous-Dragon

V.P

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Thanks 1

Pakistan has taken delivery of a version called : J-10CE  it looks lovely in the Pakistan light and dark grey swath’s. It’s got the fwd swept intake for enhanced RCI reduction  ( better stealth) and an AESA radar ( different radome configuration).  This version as I know it is called the B version which I have in my garage. So, I don’t know what the C version is? Maybe this kit will come with different weapons. And, I must assume E stands for export. Any hoo, with a little more research this will be going onto my wish list.  One final note is that this is a response to India buying Dassault Rafale’s , and there fore an arms race, with India reliant on Russian weapons and their performance recently, expect India to start buying more western products.       😉

• Like 1

Nice. Would like them finally to do some of these modern Chinese jets in 1/32, especially the J-8 and J-10, but this project means the prospects remain alive. 

Tony 

1 hour ago, tony.t said:

Nice. Would like them finally to do some of these modern Chinese jets in 1/32, especially the J-8 and J-10, but this project means the prospects remain alive. 

Tony 

J-8 and modern is maybe a bit far-fetched... J-10 of course is... J-20 even more so!

I would also take aa J-7 Leopard or A-5 Fantan in 48...or an early J-8 A.... :)

• Like 1

On 5/29/2022 at 1:20 PM, exdraken said:

J-8 and modern is maybe a bit far-fetched... J-10 of course is... J-20 even more so!

I would also take aa J-7 Leopard or A-5 Fantan in 48...or an early J-8 A.... :)

J-8s are still operational, albeit in diminishing numbers. About 100-125 remaining at last count.

J-20's a bit big for 1/32, but having said that a new tool of the SAC J-15/J-15T "Mandarin Sea Flanker" would really float my Liaoning. Even in 1/48.

The 1/48 J-10C will be very welcomed. 

Tony 

• Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Chengdu J-10C Vigorous Dragon by Trumpeter - release July 2022
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Chengdu J-10C Vigorous Dragon by Trumpeter - released
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2022 at 3:23 PM, salomon said:

I see that this update has exactly the same content as the preceding, only the ECM and the targeting pods are included. I hope that the decoration of the Pakistani army would be present.

Trumpeter page says it has color schemes of J-10B. I dont know if this is an accurate description. But if that is the case, then no Pakistan Air Force markings in the box.