Blue Lamp Model Show - Tally Ho Birmingham 18 September 2022

Cyberduck

The second Blue Lamp Model Show appears to be on at the Tally Ho Centre Birmingham on Sunday the 18 September 2022

Tally Ho Pershore Rd, Birmingham B5 7RN

This is outside the low emissions zone, but check your route if you are planning to cross Birmingham 

Looking forward to this one. I was impressed last year by the stormtroopers and Tusken raiders, wondering how you’re going to top that!! 

• 1 month later...

Any idea how to book display space for this one?  My web searches are bringing up mainly archives and my e mails to the West Midlands Police club contact address are bouncing back as undeliverable?

Is this a general model show with various subjects and traders etc run by the police model club, or is it all about emergency vehicles?

Like @neilh has said, it seems hard to find any details about it

Not too far from me, I might give it a go depending on what's there

Ian :) 

Posted (edited)
On 01/07/2022 at 08:46, neilh said:

Any idea how to book display space for this one?  My web searches are bringing up mainly archives and my e mails to the West Midlands Police club contact address are bouncing back as undeliverable?

@neilh, you may be able to be pointed in the right direction by  @3DStewart, who appeared to be part of the organisers for the Blue Lamps inaugural show last year.

@Redstaff,

I went last year to the inaugural show and it was a general show, club tables, traders and a competition. Organised by the West Mids Police model club.

It isn't just emergency vehicles,, it's anything and everything.

Here's my report - complete with Stormtroopers and Tusken raiders - from last year.

@Redstaff,

As for @neilh above, @3DStewart may be able to help you.

Edited by Whofan

This is very local for me - sadly got lumbered solo with the kids for the day last time so it was out of the question, but hope to get there this time. Will look out for details.

The show is still on, but the organisers have had a few things in their life that have distracted them, but should catch up soon.

I'll give an update after the next club meeting, which is on Tuesday.

Invitations to clubs went out last week.

If you have any questions please email bluelampmc-at-gmail-dot-com.

I've spelt out the email address to try and deter spambot crawlers.

• 2 weeks later...

Having just used the nearby car park between the sports pitches and whatever the council calls what used to be The Nature Centre, probably the handiest car park once Tally Ho is full, it was £2.80 for four hours, £4.20 for eight.

The overflow car parking mentioned in the flyer is to the rear of Tally Ho and there is direct pedestrian access from it.

Edited by 3DStewart

On 7/1/2022 at 8:17 PM, Whofan said:

@neilh, you may be able to be pointed in the right direction by  @3DStewart, who appeared to be part of the organisers for the Blue Lamps inaugural show last year.

@Redstaff,

I went last year to the inaugural show and it was a general show, club tables, traders and a competition. Organised by the West Mids Police model club.

It isn't just emergency vehicles,, it's anything and everything.

Here's my report - complete with Stormtroopers and Tusken raiders - from last year.

@Redstaff,

As for @neilh above, @3DStewart may be able to help you.

Why can't I see @Whofan's content in the post above?  Is it because I'm too young and impressionable?  If so, thanks for the compliment.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Seahawk said:

Why can't I see @Whofan's content in the post above?  Is it because I'm too young and impressionable?  If so, thanks for the compliment.

I'm baffled. One of the Mods I am sure will be along presently to explain.

• 5 weeks later...

The show is now cancelled out of respect to Her Majesty the Queen.

Announced on our Facebook page:

Dear All.

It is with regret that the West Midlands Police Scale Model Club has to hereby give notice that the Blue Lamp Expo 2022 due to take place on the 18th of September is now Cancelled for this year.

As the Country is now in a period of mourning following the death of HRH Queen Elizabeth II, the Club cannot justify continuing to put the show on. This is a decision that has been made by the club as a mark of respect as we remember the lifetime of service given by our longest reigning monarch.

We would like to thank all those that were to support this year's event and we look forward to welcoming you to next year's show, now confirmed as the 17th of September 2023.

Please accept our humble apologies with regards to this, we are certain that you will understand.

Regards

The WMP SMC