1/72nd Hasegawa CF104 Starfighter Finished

Mr T

Thanks, I usually have at least one spare. I cannot say I am that much of  a fan of the Vallejo ModelAir paints. The metallics seem to be OK, but the colours seem a bit 'weak' to me. The Light Green and Light Earth I used on a Gladiator were not much better. I have used the Dark Green as I had it. It is not a great match for the Temperate Land Scheme as far as I can work out, but seems not too far out for the 104, perhaps a bit light. 

• Like 1

Painted, some details like the RHAW pods and aerial on underside strake painted.Aa bit of touch up work was required ,and the model is about to receive its first coat of gloss varnish, then decalling awaits.

52238378145_be864dc866_c_d.jpg

• Like 6

Decals on and a start made to final assembly prior to varnishing. The Belcher bits decals are really nice, but they are so thin and not happy to move once on the kit. I have actually painted some with Microscale DecalFilm to make them a little more tractable The register on some small roundels is a fraction off, but I am going  to live with it.

52249393971_238aab6161_c_d.jpg

• Like 6

Thanks, I think you are right, they do stand out, perhaps more do than on a patterned camouflage. 

• Like 1

Last update for this project. The Cf 104 has had a coat of varnish, and I am now waiting for it to dry before I remove the masking. The picture shoes it just before it went into the paint shop.

52258928979_f9403e05c1_c_d.jpg

The green doesn't look as bright as that in real life, the photo might be a little overexposed.

• Like 5

• Mr T changed the title to 1/72nd Hasegawa CF104 Starfighter Finished

I have just seen the pictures of this in the gallery I think that she has turned out very nicely indeed.

A nice combination of the green paint with full colour markings makes for an interesting model.

Thank you for having taken part in the GB and for having produced such a great model.

Very well done.

🇺🇦

• Thanks 1

On 8/5/2022 at 9:42 PM, modelling minion said:

I have just seen the pictures of this in the gallery I think that she has turned out very nicely indeed.

A nice combination of the green paint with full colour markings makes for an interesting model.

Thank you for having taken part in the GB and for having produced such a great model.

Very well done.

🇺🇦

+1 great job. we hope you enjoyed the gb.

• Thanks 1

Yes I enjoyed the GB, nice a get a kit built and reduce the stash by an infinitesimal amount. Thanks for the comments and likes from everyone. 

• Like 2