SCHLEICHER ASK 13 glider. 1:48 white metal LDM

Hello to you all,

The ASK 13 two-seat glider was first flown in 1966, and around 700 were built, many of which are still flying today.

This kit was one of the final releases in a small range of white metal aircraft produced by Lawrence Designs and Models (LDM) in the 1970s/80s.

52104936449_0fb8d3f4ee_c.jpgaskbox by Matt Farmer, on Flickr

OOB except for some 0.5mm plastic rod in the cockpit and masking tape canopy frame. Decals from spare. Paint is Halfords Ford Sunburst Red over yellow primer, from a rattle can.

52104938629_5c0f8c4a0f_c.jpgaskrfi1 by Matt Farmer, on Flickr

52104685541_6d1442f19b_c.jpgaskrfi2 by Matt Farmer, on Flickr

52104725378_352a6398c1_c.jpgaskrfi3 by Matt Farmer, on Flickr

52104726393_f85ae82199_c.jpgaskrfi4 by Matt Farmer, on Flickr

52104727378_7c50960c22_c.jpgaskrfi5 by Matt Farmer, on Flickr

Some build notes and further information about LDM can be found in my WIP thread, which also embraces a Christen Eagle and Mew Gull from the same company.

Thankyou for looking, and a huge thanks to all those who have encouraged, supported and contributed to the WIP so far. One down, two to go.

Matt.

• Like 33

Good to see a glider model on here, I'm currently sitting on the ground at Cranwell gliding club. Been soaring in a Grob Acro (which I have so far failed to source a kit of), we have the full serviceable club fleet and a couple of private gliders out at the moment. Might even see the private K6 flying for the first time since I've been here if that's serviceable.

• Thanks 1

Hi,

lovely build. It really looks the part. Never seen a red one, but it sure attracts the eye.

I have many flying hours in K13, and great memories of scratching the alpine cliffs with the wingtip.

Congrats!

JR

• Thanks 1

Superb build. I have many hours instructing in these, excellent stall spin trainer ,(spins now banned due to age of wooden structure and fin loads) easy to ground manoeuvre, good all round visibility and nice handling to instruct in.  Also many hours in its forerunner the KA-7.

• Like 2