Falklands War HAS.2 NAS Sea King interiors

Southero72

Good morning, afternoon, or evening, it depends on when this post is read;

It is an honor for me to be able to introduce myself again in this forum, but not really with a new question or concern, since I already described the doubt that I present in September 2018, and a person here very kindly sent me valuable information to my email account;

It was then a question of finding out what the interior of the HAS.2 Sea King helicopters of the Naval Air Service (NAS) of Her Majesty's fleet during the war for the Falklands Islands in 1982, in its anti-submarine warfare configuration. I have the Revell 1:72 kit code 04899 "SEAKING Mk 41 ( 45 years SAR )" to modify and transform it, and as I said someone from here answered me and sent me data but unfortunately in a transfer of information due to a change of computer that valuable information it got lost ...

If someone can help me I will be very grateful.

Greetings from Chile ;)

Southero72

Hi Southero72

Here are a series of pictures taken from various sources over the years, some are better quality than others but, I hope they will be of help.

I've collected them with the same intention as you to fit-out the rear cabin of a HAS.2 but, in 1/48 scale, still on the to-do list I'm afraid. 

Pic.1                                                                                                                            Pic.2

spacer.png  spacer.png

Pic.3                                                                                                                                   Pic.4

spacer.png    spacer.png

Pic.5                                                                                                                                Pic.6

spacer.png    spacer.png

Pic.7                                                                                                                                Pic.8

spacer.png    spacer.png

Pic.9

spacer.png

Pic.10

spacer.png

Pic.1. 2 and 3 show the workstation (taken from a recruitment pamphlet)

Pic.4 and 5 show the winch gear safety cover (at the back of the workstation)

Pic.6 shows the proximity of the receiver and modulator units to the port side entry steps (steps bottom right of picture)

Pic.7 and 8 show the dipping sonar

Pic.9 shows antenna fit for a HAS.2

Pic.10 shows the workstation BUT on a latter mark of Sea King.

I hope this will be of help.

Cheers

RR (Chris).     

Hi Southero72

Here's one that slipped through the net, it shows Pic.1 and 2 from the previous post in colour, taken from the Wing and Wheels series of books.

spacer.png

RR (Chris).

On 5/30/2022 at 5:06 AM, Roof Rat said:

Hi Southero72

Here are a series of pictures taken from various sources over the years, some are better quality than others but, I hope they will be of help.

I've collected them with the same intention as you to fit-out the rear cabin of a HAS.2 but, in 1/48 scale, still on the to-do list I'm afraid. 

Pic.1                                                                                                                            Pic.2

spacer.png  spacer.png

Pic.3                                                                                                                                   Pic.4

spacer.png    spacer.png

Pic.5                                                                                                                                Pic.6

spacer.png    spacer.png

Pic.7                                                                                                                                Pic.8

spacer.png    spacer.png

Pic.9

spacer.png

Pic.10

spacer.png

Pic.1. 2 and 3 show the workstation (taken from a recruitment pamphlet)

Pic.4 and 5 show the winch gear safety cover (at the back of the workstation)

Pic.6 shows the proximity of the receiver and modulator units to the port side entry steps (steps bottom right of picture)

Pic.7 and 8 show the dipping sonar

Pic.9 shows antenna fit for a HAS.2

Pic.10 shows the workstation BUT on a latter mark of Sea King.

I hope this will be of help.

Cheers

RR (Chris).     

Dear RR ( Chris ),

I truly thank you infinitely, truly!
I already suspected that it would be worth waiting, and asking;
With this information I can now evaluate which parts to use and which not, from the revell kit

This is great ¡¡ ;)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, junglierating said:

Meh... deshazte de la mayor parte del interior y construye un Mk6 CR en su lugar... en un agradable tono de verde😀 

Thank you junglierating;

It's not a bad idea, it's always good to have a plan B :)

• Like 1