Jaguar E type - Revell 1/24 by fnick

Thank you all for your overly kind comments. 🤗

5 hours ago, HOUSTON said:

:wub:  :heart:

will follow to see the end results !

:thumbsup:

Keep up the EXCELLENT work. 

:worthy:

No pressure then! 😄. Not sure about the excellent bit but I do try to do my best whilst having fun at the same time.

5 hours ago, HOUSTON said:

I AM SAT IN ONE EXACTLY like the one in Colin's photo with exact same wheels(same design) NOW as I type this

Very envious of you have to admit!

4 hours ago, Alan R said:

I still haven't found an ideal way to do this job

One thing which I would do differently is use a rotary tool for drilling out the holes. It made it much easier when drilling out the exhausts once I had made a pilot hole.

5 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

sorry 'someone' did have to.....!!  🤣 )

And it just had to be you didn't it...😛

6 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

So is it right then Nick

Of course it is. Feel free to prove me wrong by looking at where the wires go in the photos (good luck with that one! 🤣)

Next step is my favourite part of the build) the interior. Thanks again for looking, Nick 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Morning all

Work on the interior is progressing. Dashboard is nearly complete. The photo is fat too reflective... Looks better in real life honest!

spacer.png

And I followed the wood effect tutorial found on the TSMC YouTube channel for the steering wheel and gear stick.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Next steps are to start painting the interior. I tested the colour on the 1/43 e type.

Thanks for looking, Nick 

Edited by Fnick
Fixed tyop
  • Like 10

Absolutely gorgeous wooden steering wheel 👍

The dash looks very good too.

And if I can make a suggestion: you could enhance the dash a bit more by putting drops of gloss clear on the meters 🤔 (personally I use for that purpose droplets of transparent nail UV resin )

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks gents!

Thierry I did put a glaze over the gauges but not enough. I'll give it a coat of microgloss when I get a mo.

Nick

Edited by Fnick
Fixed tyop
  • Like 3

Evening all

Not a lot of progress. Just managed to glue the dash together.

spacer.png

I really need to start painting the interior but need to mix up enough paint to ensure I have enough for a least three coats 

Thanks for looking, Nick 

• Like 10

That's great work.  No criticism of your work is intended, but that steering wheel rim looks a bit thick.  The standard E-type wood-rim steering wheel is very thin and delicate.  Something I'll bear in mind when I get around to tackling my Revell E-types.

• Thanks 1

Good work on the dash. They always seem to suck time, but you have got the detail on there and it's looking good. Always seems a bummer when you get to the end of the build and realise nobody will see it, but you'll know it's there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, johnlambert said:

that steering wheel rim looks a bit thick

Yep you are probably right John. I need to start doing a bit more research to see if simple alterations can help with the realism of the model. I did thin down the fan fins but did that before realising they were going to be hidden in the radiator housing! 🤣. And nothing wrong with criticism if it's constructive and well meant which yours was.

1 hour ago, Spiny said:

and realise nobody will see it

Thats why I'm very tempted to have one of the front windows open. It will mean cutting a very delicate window away though...😱

Thanks for the comments gents.!

Nick 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/23/2022 at 10:36 PM, Fnick said:

Colin that is a very fine model. Out of interest is that the kit chrome? Or did you paint it?

Nick

Sorry for late reply, de-chromed everything bar the wheels, found the enamel wash dulled the chrome enough so they didn't look too blingy 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice work on the dash, Nick. One remark though (just nit picking as you probably won’t see in when all is mounted. It seems the radio is a bit out of alignment (might be caused by the way the picture was taken).

• Thanks 1

Morning all

Tan colour in progress. Probably need another coat. I mustn't forget to get the body out of the display cabinet and paint the headliner.

Once that is all done I'll need to add some chrome detail. I'll be using BMF for that.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking, Nick

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...

Morning all

All interior BMF work is done

spacer.png

I've started the assembly process...

spacer.png

and then discovered that the kitchen vinyl monster had gobbled up the handbrake...😡. So I'll need to scratch build one before I can carry on.

Looking at what I need to do next I think most of the parts are painted so it's all assembly for the next steps. I'm hoping this will come together fairly quickly now but we shall see...🙂

Thanks for looking, Nick 

• Like 11

42 minutes ago, Fnick said:

Thanks! I'm lucky to still have some stuff that sticks! Heard quite a few people had issues with recent BMF that just wasn't sticky...

Nick

It' the case for me 🙄