Belkits Skoda Fabia S2000 rally car

1 hour ago, Windy37 said:

Thanks for the interest everyone . Regular readers of my builds will know I have a love / hate relationship with Belkits models , well the hate has struck again . 

1 hour ago, Windy37 said:

I have enjoyed this one .

Masochist!!! Still, I guess ill-fitting kit parts are a cheap way of putting the M into S&M ;)

Well done overcoming those wheel issues, that seems a very strange omissioin. It wasn't just a case of someone forgetting to put the polycaps in the box was it? Still, it looks good now it's finished so all's well that ends well.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Spiny said:

Masochist!!! Still, I guess ill-fitting kit parts are a cheap way of putting the M into S&M ;)

Well done overcoming those wheel issues, that seems a very strange omissioin. It wasn't just a case of someone forgetting to put the polycaps in the box was it? Still, it looks good now it's finished so all's well that ends well.

Ha ha ! Thanks ! No , there's no mention in the ( rubbish ) instructions about ploycaps . Like you say , a strange omission.  This is one of the original Belkits so maybe they were still learning  🤔 Did the Fiesta you built have them ? 

Gary . 

A great result despite the problems the kit threw at you, well done so what's next? (Someone had to ask!)

Stay safe          Roger 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Hamden said:

A great result despite the problems the kit threw at you, well done so what's next? (Someone had to ask!)

Stay safe          Roger 

Thanks Roger.  Don't know what to make next , there's a selection of new kits due towards end of the year so looking forward to them arriving .

Gary

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Windy37 said:

Ha ha ! Thanks ! No , there's no mention in the ( rubbish ) instructions about ploycaps . Like you say , a strange omission.  This is one of the original Belkits so maybe they were still learning  🤔 Did the Fiesta you built have them ? 

Gary . 

I think the Fiesta was only the second kit they did so both from the early days. Had to look back to remind myself of how the wheels went together - the Fiesta has the same recess, but also has a post in the middle of that recess so the attachment is a sort of unisex connection (part male, part female). Some pics from the Fiesta build:

Front suspension strut has a piece attached to the post for attaching the wheel:

49891174878_9ffed4afca_b.jpg

Same sort of arrangment at the back:

49901928578_ae113a2bf7_b.jpg

The brake discs then fitted to those attachment points with the peg fitting through. The wheel then fitted into that recess around the peg.

49920042638_95a426dd49_b.jpg

To make sure things were straight I dry fitted the wheels before the glue dried on the disks as it was easier to check alignment with the wheels than with the discs.

So it looks almost as though for the Skoda they started with this system then forgot the post in the middle.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Spiny said:

I think the Fiesta was only the second kit they did so both from the early days. Had to look back to remind myself of how the wheels went together - the Fiesta has the same recess, but also has a post in the middle of that recess so the attachment is a sort of unisex connection (part male, part female). Some pics from the Fiesta build:

Front suspension strut has a piece attached to the post for attaching the wheel:

49891174878_9ffed4afca_b.jpg

Same sort of arrangment at the back:

49901928578_ae113a2bf7_b.jpg

The brake discs then fitted to those attachment points with the peg fitting through. The wheel then fitted into that recess around the peg.

49920042638_95a426dd49_b.jpg

To make sure things were straight I dry fitted the wheels before the glue dried on the disks as it was easier to check alignment with the wheels than with the discs.

So it looks almost as though for the Skoda they started with this system then forgot the post in the middle.

Thanks for having a look back . I agree that for some reason the peg is missing on the Skoda as everything thing else is basically the same . The weird and wonderful ways of Belkits !

Gary.