Hello from Paris

Scaria

Hello everyone,

I'd like to apologyse for my poor english.

I'm Maxime and live in Paris. Just turned 40.

I buildt models when i was a kid (mostly airfix and hellers) but then stopped.

I never stopped loving this hobby and decided to start again last year and build an Eduard Tempest for my father birthday.

Now the home is full of products and boxes 😁

• Like 2

Gidday Scaria, welcome aboard. Your English is better than my French. Actually, your English is probably better than my English, but then I'm Australian. 😁

12 minutes ago, Scaria said:

Good to see you building a stash already. 👍 Good man! Any model ships? Regards, Jeff.

Bonjour Maxime … :post1: from the city of Chicago USA, I mostly build military aircraft. Its never too late to come back and enjoy the hobby. Your English is better than my French, which is pretty non-existent.

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Just posted my last build on armor review, hope it will looks fine... I stopped at 16.

This is a pics of the Tempest i made for my father birthday (Clostermann plane of course)

FB-IMG-1653588400013.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday Scaria, welcome aboard. Your English is better than my French. Actually, your English is probably better than my English, but then I'm Australian. 😁

Good to see you building a stash already. 👍 Good man! Any model ships? Regards, Jeff.

Hi Jeff, 

Two ships are planned with my wife.

She will build the Dragon Z-39 and i will build the Z-21 from trump. (If i'm not mistaken by the Z-21 and brand have to check).

We both slowly build the Haze F-16A and the B together....Her A cockpit is so much better than mine, and she was never in that hobby 😢

• Like 2

Bonjour Maxime, et bienvenue chez Britmodeller!

It's nice to see a Parisian here - I lived in Le Plessis-Robinson for six years, and I loved it there!

I'm looking forward to seeing your models!

3 hours ago, Scaria said:

Hey Scaria and welcome from another new joiner (moi !!) 

In reference to your comment above - in my experience this is VERY normal 😂 

It only gets worse when you listen to podcasts and I expect when you join forums !!! My real affliction is tools! I love a new sanding stick/scriber/paint product or any other number of wonderful gadget almost as much as I love a new kit !!!! 

Welcome aboard Scaria. This is a great forum full of very nice people happy to share hints and tips. 

I do wish people would stop apologising for their Engish. I'm always amazed how good our overseas friends' English is!!

All the best 

Peter 

Welcome aboard Scaria from Dept 79. I've been here 17 years, and still can't speak French. The natives on here are friendly, well, most of them. I must say that I think that your Pz.lV is very nice indeed. You just need to hook yourself up with a photo hosting site, and remember to  reduce the photos down to a size which is acceptable for this site. I reduce mine down to 20%, which makes them 922 x 692.

Have fun.

John.