Good Morning from East Sussex !

Vapouriser

Morning all, hot off the heels of going to see Top Gun 2 last night I finally thought I ought to make my first post. I do look forward to spending sometime on the forum and hopefully learning, improving my craft and getting to know people !!

Have a great day and if anyone is doubting whether it’s worth booking a ticket to see Mr Cruise Pretending he’s still 25 - stop. It’s bloody marvellous 🤩 

Edited by Vapouriser
Spelling!

Hello and welcome (I seem to think that's a catch phrase but can't quite place it). Anyway - greetings from another inhabitant of E. Sussex. I'm sure you'll enjoy being a member here.

Do you have any specific interests? 

all the best

Mark

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys - reference specifics, I’m back to the hobby as a mature student after a brief 30 year hiatus …

having an 8 year old son and lockdown did it !!

I like 1:72 air - but midway through a Tamiya 1:48 F15 right now and really enjoying the size so far. Recently acquired an air brush, and that has equally delighted and confused me!

Hoping to learn lots here :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark Harmsworth said:

Hello and welcome (I seem to think that's a catch phrase but can't quite place it). Anyway - greetings from another inhabitant of E. Sussex. I'm sure you'll enjoy being a member here.

Do you have any specific interests? 

all the best

Mark

Hello, good evening and welcome was David Frost's standard introduction to the Frost Programme back in the sixties (or so my Dad told me)!!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, John Laidlaw said:

Hastings, then St. Leonard's-on-Sea. Still miss it and the sea after 20 years.

Where are you located?

Crowborough, East Sussex - about 10 miles south of where I was raised and went to school in ‘Royal’ Tunbridge Wells no less !

Used to go to a Hastings a lot as a young teen - the arcades were a big draw. Straight on the train, no changes in an hour and the likes of Outrun, Mortal Combat, Rolling Thunder and Double Dragon were there with their flashing lights and amazing sounds - I loved Hastings ! 

4 hours ago, Vapouriser said:

Crowborough, East Sussex - about 10 miles south of where I was raised and went to school in ‘Royal’ Tunbridge Wells no less !

Used to go to a Hastings a lot as a young teen - the arcades were a big draw. Straight on the train, no changes in an hour and the likes of Outrun, Mortal Combat, Rolling Thunder and Double Dragon were there with their flashing lights and amazing sounds - I loved Hastings ! 

I know Crowborough - not very well, but I remember it being a nice place. Tunbridge Wells, too.

Oh yeah, the arcades! The sound of summers on the seafront. Crikey, that takes me back 🙂.

2 hours ago, John Laidlaw said:

I know Crowborough - not very well, but I remember it being a nice place. Tunbridge Wells, too.

Oh yeah, the arcades! The sound of summers on the seafront. Crikey, that takes me back 🙂.

When I was Tunbridge Wells based it was always most straightforward to get the train straight to Hastings, now from Crowborough it’s easier (and quicker) to drive to Eastbourne or our favourite beach at Pevencey Bay - which in fact is where we are going today, first time to the beach this year and the British weather actually looks like it’s going to be OK 👌!!  

5 hours ago, John Laidlaw said:

Hope the day at the beach was good - sounds like a nice outing, especially if the weather's nice.

The weather was kind and the view was equally lovely spacer.png

Thanks for asking :) 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Hairy Stickler said:

It's all still the wrong side of Sussex!!😉

Well I suppose that Crawley does have a good IMAX and a good shopping centre. Not sure what else you Westies have over us 😂 

6 minutes ago, Vapouriser said:

Well I suppose that Crawley does have a good IMAX and a good shopping centre. Not sure what else you Westies have over us 😂 

There's the historic cathedral city of Chichester,  the beautiful beaches at the Witterings.......oh, and the Sussex Model Centre in Worthing (I wasn't paid for that plug)!!🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hairy Stickler said:

There's the historic cathedral city of Chichester,  the beautiful beaches at the Witterings.......oh, and the Sussex Model Centre in Worthing (I wasn't paid for that plug)!!🤣

OK - you got me - The Witterings do trump Pevensey in lots of ways, apart from the fact they are INSANELY popular and horribly busy in the summer !! 
Costa del Pev as we affectionately call her is quiet, easy to park - has a nicely cleaned and maintained toilet and a convenience store just round the corner that sells reasonably priced ice creams :) 

Im sure however the Witterings are a wonderful place to visit off peak (we last went in August 😬
In fact the last time we went, we saw a pilot come over and do the most wonderful little aerobatic display -and seemingly just fit the hell of it. I don’t know the technical term for when it looks like the plane has stalled and is falling uncontrollably out of the sky - but they did this several times, along with loops and barrel rolls - it was fantastic :) !