Thinning Pollyscale/Polly S acrylics?

dogsbody

I have found that some of my old Polly paints have gone quite thick over the years.

I have no immediate need to use these paints, but I'm just wondering what's a good way to thin the sludge?

I guess water and a good stir would be the best starting point. I do have a jug of distilled water I can use.

Can it be thinned enough for airbrush use?

Curious old dude needs to know.

Chris

I have successfully used water to thin Polly S (and Aeromaster) acrylics. The Aeromaster paints specified distilled water as a thinner, though tap water works well too. These paints were the same formula.

I found that they spray very well indeed and are the only acrylics I still use. Thin to the consistency of semi-skimmed milk and you should be good to go.

IMHO these were by far the best acrylic paints and it’s such a shame they were discontinued. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rolls-Royce said:

If you have access to Testors' Universal Acrylic Thinner, it works great with PollyScale acrylics, too. I used it a couple of years ago with their RLM 80-series colors on a Tamiya 1/48 Me262.

This is my thinner collection. Maybe if a get a chance to go south, I can find something in a hobbystore. Up here, on The Backside of Beyond, all I can get is Tamiya and whatever Citadel has in their paint line.

52110227346_364afd328b_b.jpg

Chris

• Like 1