Wolfpack 1/72 North American T-2C Buckeye

Here is my build of Wolfpack's North American T-2C Buckeye. The Buckeye was the US Navy's primary jet trainers from 1959 until 2008 when it was replaced by the Boeing T-45. The T-2C version was introduced in 1968. This is my first full kit by Wolfpack. I have previously used their wing upgrades, that I found to be excellent. This kit had generally good fit, but there were some issues, primarily with the fit of the intakes. Included with the kit was a decal sheet printed by Cartograf, that worked excellently and a canopy mask that fit perfectly. I also purchased their "update" (should be upgrade) interior kit that included very nice seats and some photo-etch. Finally I bought a 2 Bobs decal sheet printed by Microscale that was very good. The white was painted with Tamiya Fine Surface primer in a jar and airbrushed. The red was Humbrol 19 and the orange was  Humbrol 18.

All in all a pleasant build.

Q0mfI3DO_o.jpg

u0QqWtQS_o.jpg

spVKMLQP_o.jpg

Q5dXEF5l_o.jpg

K3TGusub_o.jpg

HqwruGgy_o.jpg

Next up will the a TH-1H using the Hasegawa UH-1H kit

Enjoy

• Like 29

3 hours ago, stevehnz said:

I can but hope to achieve similar come the day I dig mine out

I'm sure it will be better. One thing I forgot to mention was that the canopy fit was excellent, unlike the Sword T-38

Thanks

Howard

• Like 1

That looks great. The T-2 is a pretty thing to my eye, and I like the fact that the wing has elements from that of the P-51, via the FJ-1.  You've made a good job of it too.

Justin

• Thanks 1

Very nice build thank you for sharing. It is a nice kit and I have fond memories of when I built mine a few years ago. I have another in the stash plus the Two Bobs decal set for finishing it in the aggressor scheme.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Billy54 said:

I have another in the stash plus the Two Bobs decal set for finishing it in the aggressor scheme.

I would love to do a T-2A if I can ever find the Esoteric fuselage for it.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...